Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speeding up games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there - I have My Fitness Coach - which I made an ISO of (Wii is in storage), and when I try to fire up the game - during load screens and what-not I get upwards of 217% Speed - however in the game itself, the Speed caps out at 93-95% (max). In a 30 minute workout - this results in an extra 90 seconds of delay (plus the model showing the exercises moves slower). My question is this - how can I get that extra 5% in order for the time to sync up with whats onscreen (not to mention the audio)? It's a workout program, and no it doesn't use the Balance Board. Thanks for your time.
Overclock your processor or use these settings. You could also try the latest Official release (3.0) and see if the game is any faster.
(12-20-2012, 06:17 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Overclock your processor or use these settings. You could also try the latest Official release (3.0) and see if the game is any faster.
An i7 CPU running @ 2.67 Ghz needing to be overclocked, for a Wii game? I have used the settings you suggested, and I do have version 3.0 - and even with GameBooster - I am getting 95% game Speed. My framerate is decent mind you... What about the settings of the ISO itself? Should I fiddle with those at all?
(12-20-2012, 06:56 AM)shatteredciv Wrote: [ -> ]An i7 CPU running @ 2.67 Ghz needing to be overclocked, for a Wii game?

If you're unsure about how emulation works and the reasons why a Wii game would need such a high-end PC running at high clock rates, I highly suggest you read this. Scroll down all the way to the bottom where it says "Why do I need such a powerful computer to emulate an old console?". You might get a better idea of why the requirements are so high after reading that. Seeing how you have already tried to adjust your settings with no luck, your processor at its current clock seems to just be too slow to achieve full speed, overclocking 200-300mhz would probably do the trick.
(12-20-2012, 07:18 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2012, 06:56 AM)shatteredciv Wrote: [ -> ]An i7 CPU running @ 2.67 Ghz needing to be overclocked, for a Wii game?

If you're unsure about how emulation works and the reasons why a Wii game would need such a high-end PC running at high clock rates, I highly suggest you read this. Scroll down all the way to the bottom where it says "Why do I need such a powerful computer to emulate an old console?". You might get a better idea of why the requirements are so high after reading that.

I understand this, thanks. However, I feel my machine is more than adequate to run this piece of software.
(12-20-2012, 07:21 AM)shatteredciv Wrote: [ -> ]

If you're unsure about how emulation works and the reasons why a Wii game would need such a high-end PC running at high clock rates, I highly suggest you read this. Scroll down all the way to the bottom where it says "Why do I need such a powerful computer to emulate an old console?". You might get a better idea of why the requirements are so high after reading that.

I understand this, thanks. However, I feel my machine is more than adequate to run this piece of software.

How did you come to that conclusion? I will agree that your PC is capable of running quite a few games at full speed (despite not having your actual CPU model), I can guarantee you that this is not going to be the only game that will fail to run a full speed with that PC.
(12-20-2012, 07:31 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2012, 07:21 AM)shatteredciv Wrote: [ -> ]

How did you come to that conclusion? I will agree that your PC is capable of running quite a few games at full speed (despite not having your actual CPU model), I can guarantee you that this is not going to be the only game that will fail to run a full speed with that PC.
Just experience, though admittedly I don't have a lot of experience with emulators. I can run Borderlands 2 and the emulator concurrently, coupled with the fact that the Wii game is far from graphic intensive (which I know enough doesn't mean much); as well, I have seen lesser computers on YouTube run the emulator perfectly, and they have far less power than my CPU and GPU. I was just wondering if anyone can help with the settings to optimize it better. Despite the game running at nearly 98%, the timer is WAY off (2:1 ratio, or 1 minute equals 2 in game). Again might it be the ISO settings that are hindering my progress getting this to work?
Demanding games like The Last Story , Super mario Galaxy require i5 3570k / i7 3770k @ 4.2GHz .
Dolphin is a dual core application . 1st generation i7 CPU is outdated
Apparently , 2.67GHz is slow for that game , you must overclock it to 3.4GHz or higher
PC gaming -> GPU
Emulaion -> CPU
You can't compare those two
Quote:I have seen lesser computers on YouTube run the emulator perfectly, and they have far less power than my CPU and GPU
Core 2 Quad / Phenom II x4 @ 3.4GHz run Dolphin faster than i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Not mention the Dolphin version that youtuber used is outdated . Latest Dolphin version usually run some games slower than old Dolphin version
(12-20-2012, 10:26 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Demanding games like The Last Story , Super mario Galaxy require i5 3570k / i7 3770k @ 4.2GHz .
Dolphin a dual core app . 1st generation i7 CPU is outdated
Apparently , 2.67GHz is slow for that game , you must overclock it to 3.4GHz or higher
PC gaming -> GPU
Emulaion -> CPU
You can't compare those two
Quote:I have seen lesser computers on YouTube run the emulator perfectly, and they have far less power than my CPU and GPU
Core 2 duo / Phenom II @ 3.4GHz run Dolphin faster than i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Not mention the Dolphin version that youtuber used is outdated . Latest Dolphin version usually run some games slower than old Dolphin version
Okay thanks, the comparisons between other processors helped immensely. There is a thread I found here on the forums that claim they have got this to run successfully on their older machine - anyway to get older versions of Dolphin - specifically the one mentioned in this thread... http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ea-...ness+coach - I believe it's the dolphin IL build - where could I find this specific one? Thanks!
Nope . it's Dolphin r5xxx (xxx are numbers , Dolphin r5186 for example)
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dol...ld-archive
Or you can search it on emucr.com
Please note that old Dolphin versions are unsupported here
Edit : I was wrong . It's IL build like you said . I didn't know that build's existence
http://www.filestube.com/search.html?q=d...select=All