Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i improve the performance of wind waker? Right now its too slow to play.
I am playing on a laptop, spec:
win 7 x64, i5 2.4 ghz, 5870, 4 gb ram
isnt my computer good enough for the game? Any help would be appreciated.
1st - Use the official Dolphin 3.0 release
2nd - Use the settings for best speed (link in my sig)
(12-14-2012, 05:38 AM)Gm20 Wrote: [ -> ]Right now its too slow to play.

Define "too slow"

(12-14-2012, 05:38 AM)Gm20 Wrote: [ -> ]i5 2.4 ghz

Which i5 processor is it exactly?
It's because this game has EFB to RAM (which is really goddamn slow) forced in its config file. EFB to Texture only breaks the Pictobox (I think), so you can play the game just fine with EFB to Texture and only switch to EFB to RAM (in-game) when you need to use the Pictobox.

Opening the Graphics settings while in-game will override the settings in the config file, but it'd be better to just edit the config file: right-click the game, click Properties, and click Edit Config. Find the line "EFBToTextureEnable = False" (should be the second-to-last line) and replace the False with True.
(12-14-2012, 09:05 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]It's because this game has EFB to RAM (which is really goddamn slow) forced in its config file. EFB to Texture only breaks the Pictobox (I think), so you can play the game just fine with EFB to Texture and only switch to EFB to RAM (in-game) when you need to use the Pictobox.

Opening the Graphics settings while in-game will override the settings in the config file, but it'd be better to just edit the config file: right-click the game, click Properties, and click Edit Config. Find the line "EFBToTextureEnable = False" (should be the second-to-last line) and replace the False with True.

Game seems to run better now. Thanks for the help

Edit: Game seems to stay between 100% and 99% speed and fps between 31-29. Is this considered normal gamespeed? Have only tried it out in the beginning of the game so not sure if certain areas will make the game slower.
(12-15-2012, 12:50 AM)Gm20 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Game seems to stay between 100% and 99% speed and fps between 31-29. Is this considered normal gamespeed?

Yes, for most of the game, the FPS should be 30 FPS. You can usually trust the game speed % as a measure for how fast the game is running (sometimes it can be off though). iirc, some parts of the game run at 60 for NTSC versions and 50 for PAL, but each should run at 30 a majority of the time.