Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ZTP hack not fixing Hyrule Field slowdown.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title said the ZTP hack is not helping i still get between 17 and 18fps max perfect 30 or more anywhere else in game. I also have the recommended settings for the game.
My pc specs are: AMD 8120 4.0GHZ 16GB DDR3 1600 DDR3 2 560TI in SLI ASUS Crosshair V mobo. So i highly doubt its my PC being unable to play the game.
Quote:So i highly doubt its my PC being unable to play the game.
That's it. Even with the ztp hack, hyrule field is quite demanding.
Yep.

Overclock your CPU even more Tongue But I doubt it would help, AMD-FX 8120 is not really good if you want to play with Dolphin.
If you think ZTP hack is not working, try to disable it and see if you still will get that 17-18 fps Smile
(12-09-2012, 04:19 PM)KingYodel Wrote: [ -> ]the ZTP hack is not helping i still get between 17 and 18fps max

It helps but in any way it can be as fast as anywhere else in the game. Don't expect full speed Big Grin
Quote:AMD 8120 4.0GHZ

Basically , your CPU has 8 cores , Bulldozer single-thead performance is bad (worse than Phenom II)
Dolphin is a dual core application (+1 core with "LLE on thread")
That's why you get poor performance with demanding games

Starcraft II is also a dual core app . See the benchmark
(12-09-2012, 10:46 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I really doubt CPU is the issue. After reading what everyone said i tried to emulate it on my girlfirends computer and it ran no better. She has an I7 2600k 3.6 ghz and the same GPU and ram as mine. Exact same configuration in dolphin as well still 17-18 fps.
(12-09-2012, 10:46 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:AMD 8120 4.0GHZ

Basically , your CPU has 8 cores , Bulldozer single-thead performance is bad (worse than Phenom II)
Dolphin is a dual core application (+1 core with "LLE on thread")
That's why you get poor performance with demanding games

Starcraft II is also a dual core app . See the benchmark
Learn how to quote people. People might miss your post if you randomly place it in the quote.

It's definitely a CPU issue. I'd suggest you to begin following the rules. Give us more information: what build are you using? what are your so called 'recommended' settings? Are you running the GC or Wii version of the game?
Post pics and we can help.
"ZTP hack not fixing Hyrule Field slowdown."

It's not our problem you went with Faildozer. The ZTP hack is working just fine with the right hardware.
I for one aren't having any problems.
Sure Hyrule field is faster with Dolphin 3.0 then Dolphin 3.0-840 but it's just because it's a more accurate emulator these days and I'm not whining.

Get a second or third generation i5, i7 and it will fly!
Well thanks for the "help" but i fixed it on my own by messing with the HLE settings. Getting a steady 29fps in Hyrule field now.
(12-10-2012, 04:21 AM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]"ZTP hack not fixing Hyrule Field slowdown."

It's not our problem you went with Faildozer. The ZTP hack is working just fine with the right hardware.
I for one aren't having any problems.
Sure Hyrule field is faster with Dolphin 3.0 then Dolphin 3.0-840 but it's just because it's a more accurate emulator these days and I'm not whining.

Get a second or third generation i5, i7 and it will fly!
Pages: 1 2