Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Settings for my Setup ( To Improve Image Quality )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i7-3770k 4.5GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 680 SLI
Xonar Sound Card
30" 1600p and 60" 1080p
Windows 7 x64

I usually play on my 60" TV at 1080p but sometimes switch to my Dell monitor.

Everything is stock except:
Graphics
2560x1600p or 1080p
4xNative
8XAA LVL 32
16x AF
PerPixel Lightning Enabled
EFB Copies to RAM

General
Lock Core to Threads Enabled

Running latest version of x64 (.843) on Windows 7.

I usually play the Mario Games ( Galaxy, Kart, Bros, Olympics ), and some Donkey Kong, Sports Resort.

Anything else to enable or disable to increase image quality? I tried CPU Emulator "Interpreter" but that crawls ( 5% speed max ).

I tried
Well... there is an experimental 5x IR build -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-uno...5xir-build And you could try Direct3D9 (DX9) with 4xSAA

btw: Nice PC dude! Cool
If ypu're saying the video quality isnt good enough for you on your current settings then there's little we can do to help you.
Interpreter wouldn't make things look any better, it's just a much slower and simpler method of emulating the CPU. (It's also technically more accurate, but that doesn't mean JIT is much more buggy - JIT just does safe optimizations and disregards exact CPU instruction time, which we can afford to do with 99% of GC/Wii games.)
Quote:Anything else to enable or disable to increase image quality?

Switch to d3d9 or d3d11 and use 4xSSAA.
Thanks for the replies. I will stick to this build until the other gets more official.

One more questions, anything can be done about the sound in some games that goes nuts at certain points ( static, buzzing, creaking sounds, etc. ).
Use LLE audio instead of HLE audio, if you aren't already. There's a guide on how to set it up here. You'll have to wait until delroth finishes his HLE audio rework before HLE audio gets better.
Yo, use LLE for best sound and as audio backend use Xaudio2.
Thanks for the replies. I have not managed to get LLE Audio to work with the dump files and such, there is simply no sound if I do that. HLE seems to work better now, when I close all other applications in the background.

I have another question. Why is it that when I change EFB Coies to "RAM" it slows down so much, i get like "SPEED 30%" which translates to about 20 FPS or so max with the "RAM" option. "Texture" option works fine and get steady 100% speed ( 60 FPS ).
This is in Mario Kart.

Also another question, is OpenGL still the most reliable renderer? I was using DX11 until now.
(11-30-2012, 09:03 PM)Lebada3 Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it that when I change EFB Coies to "RAM" it slows down so much, i get like "SPEED 30%" which translates to about 20 FPS or so max with the "RAM" option. "Texture" option works fine and get steady 100% speed ( 60 FPS ).

EFB to RAM = More accurate, slow
EFB to Textures = Less accurate, fast

(11-30-2012, 09:03 PM)Lebada3 Wrote: [ -> ]is OpenGL still the most reliable renderer? I was using DX11 until now.

Define "reliable"
Pages: 1 2