Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Settings for my Setup ( To Improve Image Quality )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-30-2012, 09:03 PM)Lebada3 Wrote: [ -> ]Also another question, is OpenGL still the most reliable renderer? I was using DX11 until now.

All three backends are pretty much on par. Performance will vary depending on the game, your hardware, and drivers. In terms of graphical quality (i.e. lack of glitches or issues) they all do the job. IIRC, OGL used to be much better way back when until the D3D backends got some much needed work done on them. If you have any issues in one, you can simply switch to another, which is nice (for Windows users at least :p)
(11-30-2012, 10:15 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Is anybody getting full speed ( 60fps ) with EFB Copies to RAM ? ( particularly in Mario Kart )

I mean my setup is pretty strong, thought it would work fine, or perhaps I need to adjust some other settings?
(11-30-2012, 09:03 PM)Lebada3 Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it that when I change EFB Coies to "RAM" it slows down so much, i get like "SPEED 30%" which translates to about 20 FPS or so max with the "RAM" option. "Texture" option works fine and get steady 100% speed ( 60 FPS ).

EFB to RAM = More accurate, slow
EFB to Textures = Less accurate, fast

(11-30-2012, 09:03 PM)Lebada3 Wrote: [ -> ]is OpenGL still the most reliable renderer? I was using DX11 until now.

Define "reliable"
Quote:All three backends are pretty much on par. Performance will vary depending on the game, your hardware, and drivers. In terms of graphical quality (i.e. lack of glitches or issues) they all do the job. IIRC, OGL used to be much better way back when until the D3D backends got some much needed work done on them. If you have any issues in one, you can simply switch to another, which is nice (for Windows users at least )

I think we can say with certainty that the d3d9 backend is less accurate than the other two regardless of whether it's a significant difference or not.
Messed up the previous quote/reply. This was my questions:

Is anybody getting full speed ( 60fps ) with EFB Copies to RAM ? ( particularly in Mario Kart )

I mean my setup is pretty strong, thought it would work fine, or perhaps I need to adjust some other settings?
You should be able to in several games. Try using speed settings, and just changing EFB copies, then increase IR, AA etc until you see what slows you down.
(12-01-2012, 07:50 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I think we can say with certainty that the d3d9 backend is less accurate than the other two.

Hasn't this largely always been the case, aside from when the D3D11 backend was first being developed? To be honest though, it's not like I have a great deal of experience with either D3D backend. I should have qualified my statement more carefully though. From what I gather, they're all generally up to the task for a majority of the games, but in a handful of games either of the three will have issues.

For example, D3D9 has issues with Sonic Heroes and Rune Factory Frontier, OpenGL has black screens on Harvest Moon: Magical Melody and still has issue with Sonic Heroes. D3D11 grey screens on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. None is perfect, but each generally works well for a lot of games (else they're be little point in having them :p)
True, but generally speaking d3d9 is the least accurate and has the most limitations.
(12-02-2012, 06:24 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]True, but generally speaking d3d9 is the least accurate and has the most limitations.

That's the second time you've pointed that out, but I'm not arguing against it :\
Pages: 1 2