Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda wind waker, heat glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys,
I think this is a well known glitch.
Whenever there is a fire or heat in game, it distorts the screen.
According to the fix, I should enable AR code
I named it "disable heat" and typed in "003F6B2A 00000000"
I also checked "enable cheats" under dolphin configuration --> general.

But it didn't fix the problem.
Could someone help me?
Why did you make a new thread? There was nothing wrong with using this thread or the Game Discussion thread specifically made for that game.

About your problem, try using the Free Look solution mentioned on the Dolphin Wiki. If you overdo it though, you'll mess up the camera. Disabling EFB Copies altogether works as well, though some other effects will disappear.
Well the code should work, I use it all the time.

I know you said you checked Enable Cheats, but did you make sure the cheat itself is checked? The code does nothing unless it's checked too.
(11-24-2012, 06:16 PM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]Well the code should work, I use it all the time.

I know you said you checked Enable Cheats, but did you make sure the cheat itself is checked? The code does nothing unless it's checked too.
Yes,
1. I typed in the code.
2. I checked the cheat
3. I checked the enable cheat
4. zelda is USA version
and it still doesn't work Sad
By the way, does it supposed to only fix the fire in dragon dungeon or does it also fix all the fire effects such as a torch?
It fixes the heat effect for those areas that use it, they are a few. But Dragon Roost is the biggest area I think.

Anyway, what else have you tried?

I know this code works on 3.0 and 3.0-815 because I have played the game with both those versions.
I don't know if it will work but have you tried deleting the shader cache?
(11-24-2012, 06:36 PM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]It fixes the heat effect for those areas that use it, they are a few. But Dragon Roost is the biggest area I think.

Anyway, what else have you tried?

I know this code works on 3.0 and 3.0-815 because I have played the game with both those versions.
I don't know if it will work but have you tried deleting the shader cache?
Thanks for quick reply.

Honestly, I haven't tested it at dragon roost yet. I am in the pirate ship where a guy teaches me how to jump different platforms using fire hanging on the ceiling and this is where I see distortion.

Besides enabling cheat and changing AR code, I have tested it on NaturalVariation's build, but it didn't work (I tested his version with AR code too which also didn't work).

The dolphin I used was the latest build from dolphin download page(3.0-845-Dirty). I tried it with and without LLE sound.
I haven't tried deleting shade cashe but I will give it a shot.
I will try 3.0-815 revision and see if it works.

Edit: I just tried 815 revision but this one didn't work either. Here is a screenshot.
Why the use of Dirty versions of Dolphin? They're not recommended to use at all.
This is where you should download your future versions and releases:

http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

You really should try a clean build from the master branch under development versions first.
Because another guy had a problem with the game not going back to the title screen after the ending when using a Dirty version.
(11-24-2012, 09:03 PM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]Why the use of Dirty versions of Dolphin? They're not recommended to use at all.
This is where you should download your future versions and releases:

http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

You really should try a clean build from the master branch under development versions first.
Because another guy had a problem with the game not going back to the title screen after the ending when using a Dirty version.
I just downloaded dolphin 3.0 stable version and tried but it still didn't solve the problem. hm....I wonder why...
Could there be something else that I am supposed to check besides "enable cheats", and "AR code"?

Edit: I also tried Dolphin 3.0-845 master version and it didn't work.
I am posting all the options I have.
Yeah this really baffles me because you're specs looks alright and enough to play the game, and you're doing things correctly.
Why won't this just work.
(11-24-2012, 09:41 PM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah this really baffles me because you're specs looks alright and enough to play the game, and you're doing things correctly.
Why won't this just work.
haha...I know... Sad
The game actually runs smoothly with no lag. It's just the fire graphic that needs to be fixed Sad
I wonder if I am the only one who can't solve this problem...
Pages: 1 2 3