Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin exe stopped working - Zelda Skyward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've posted this as a separate thread as the crash is specific.

Playing Zelda Skyward sword I play the harp in Faron Woods and drive the sword into the ground - at this point the game stops and the dolphin exe stopped working sign pops up.

I was on 3.80 - tried it 3 times and crashed in the same spot - went to the downloads section today and downloaded the latest - 8.43 but the crash occurs at the exact same time.

Can anyone help!

Intel i7 3770 @3.4ghz

EVGA FTW 670 (Nvidia)

8GB ram

Windows 8 x64
Maybe an overheating issue? Try to check your temps with CoreTemp.
(11-21-2012, 11:29 PM)virtua Wrote: [ -> ]I was on 3.80 - tried it 3 times and crashed in the same spot - went to the downloads section today and downloaded the latest - 8.43 but the crash occurs at the exact same time.

Try with Dolphin 3.0 http://dolphin-emu.org/download/
(11-21-2012, 11:37 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe an overheating issue? Try to check your temps with CoreTemp.

Unfortunately not - the card is really cool - 52 degrees at the point of game crash- and its the exact same spot each time - I have a game save right next to the spot, so it takes only 2 minutes to get to the problem point.

I play the harp, it uncovers the spot in the ground, then a cut scene, then I play the harp in time to the pulse until the spot is revealed and then prompted to drive my sword into the ground......pless a and pull the remote downwards and........dolphin exe has stopped.....

[quote='LordVador' pid='250124' dateline='1353506403']
[quote='virtua' pid='250118' dateline='1353504597']

Dolphin 3 is pretty laggy for Zelda, but I think I will try dropping back to 3.70 something.

3.842 mentions crashing on the mac version...I'm wondering if there is a link (pardon the pun!)
(11-22-2012, 12:00 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2012, 11:29 PM)virtua Wrote: [ -> ]I was on 3.80 - tried it 3 times and crashed in the same spot - went to the downloads section today and downloaded the latest - 8.43 but the crash occurs at the exact same time.

Try with Dolphin 3.0 http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

I tried going back to an earlier version but that didn't work, so went back to version 3.0 as you suggested - still the same problem.

It's a cut scene just after the sword is stuck into the ground.....I have to use task manager to close it. Its been working so well up to this point. BTW, going back to version 3 you can see just how far dolphin has come, its really amazing.
Try to use LLE
You can find a link to the LLE guide in my sig.
(11-22-2012, 02:35 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]You can find a link to the LLE guide in my sig.

Thanks for this. I've tried switching to LLE using the set up guide and it works but the game still crashes at that point. I can run around and do anything else, but try to place the sword in the ground which is the only way to progress.....and it crashes.
Try to disable Dual Core
No one should use 3.0 for Skyward Sword because of the graphical problems.

The crashes you have are a known problem and started to happen after 3.0-631 especially with the Silent Realms, I myself have verified this with 3.0-840.

3.0-631 should be fine for this game.

Read more here:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=5682
Pages: 1 2