Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin performance comparisson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

LudwigX

Hey guys!
I downloaded 4 revisions of Dolphin and tested how fast they emulate.
The revisions are: 2195;2536;3334 and 3761 (all 32 bit)
I tested them with the games: Mario party 7, Super smash brothers melee and Mario kart double dash
The test Computer has this specs: Win Vista Ultimate (64 bit); Intel Core 2 Quad 6600; Ati Radeon Hd 4830, 3 Gb of Ram (667 Mhz)

For the tests I deactivated "enable other audio" in the DSP Plugin(to remove the frame limiter)
[Image: dolphinspeedsinglecore.jpg] [Image: w822.png]

I was wondering why the FPS weren't rising. The FPS in Mario kart even sunk.
But in the time i played Dolphin I noticed that it got faster, so there had to be a mistake or something. I rememberred that I always play with Dual Core enabled, so I enabled the dual core setting.

[Image: dolpinspeeddualcore.jpg] [Image: w827.png]

And here we have the speed boost that was expected!
As a result we can sum up that some games don't get a high speed boost(like Super smash brothers), but other games have a very high speed boost(like Mario party 7 and Mario kart). And I think that Mario party and Mario kart stand for the most of the games. At least the one's I played.
thanks for the comparisons!
I have to say that this is a pretty well done comparasion.
+rep'd for efford at least Big Grin
nice job, im going to link this in my post ;D
Nicely done comparison!
good work man
Stupid question.. but... is this running @ 640x480? 16 or 32 bits?

Let's say that I have a geforce 7900GTX, but I have an overclocked core 2 duo, or even an core i7 940. Is it that CPU dependant, or are my FPS going to be very low because of the gfx card?
the gpu is fine.
any program to overclock from windows
Pages: 1 2 3