Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skylanders and Wii-USB branch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for advice on speed. The game does work with the Wii-USB branch and libusb installed. In fact, it appeared to work with Skylanders Giants. Speed, however, is wretched. FPS, VPS run a decent low 30, but the speed chugs along around 43%. Also, halos appear around objects when ran at 4x internal resolution. I saw Monster Hunter Tri had a bloom patch that was necessary for sometime, not sure if that would apply. Video for "Activision" runs choppy but all other videos appear fine and run 60fps.

Anyway, any suggestions on settings or different builds that this might work faster on?

Processor: Athlon ii 250
Ram: 4gb
Video: Ati 4870 1 gb

And do not tell me my comp can't do it and needs a faster processor. The good work the community has done does make it possible. F-Zero Gx 45 fps, constant, grand prix mode; Zelda Wind Waker 30fps, constant; Monster Hunter Tri 28 fps, average.
You do need a better processor. Surely you don't think every single game is going to play perfectly on an old Athlon II, do you?
Thanks for the info. Any advice on "attempting" to make it work? Looking for non financial advice. Again, I can get other Wii games to work just fine on this old Athlon. Could it be that Skylanders hasn't worked until very recently? It seems most people don't even know that you can get it to work.
(11-19-2012, 01:19 AM)derekhardin1981 Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I can get other Wii games to work just fine on this old Athlon.

You're being pretty vague. What does "fine" mean to you? What other games? There may be games that will work "fine", and there are many games that will certainly not work fine. Some games require a more powerful CPU to run at full speed, so keep that in mind. If you insist on keeping that CPU, your best bet is to overclock. That's the best way to get games to run faster. You could also try these settings.
Fine would be best defined as playable. Mario Kart Wii, for example, does not run 60fps, but the 50 fps I get is playable. Monster Hunter does not run at 30 fps, but the 28 fps I get is playable. So fine would be playable. I had this problem with my gamecube games when I first started playing around with dolphin but somebody suggested the hashless branch, which took F-Zero from 10 fps to 45 fps. Thats a big jump. I will take a look at those settings and see what happens.

Lithyn

Hello,

I've installed Dolphin 3.0-898 and libusb on OSX, would Skylanders: Giants be compatible with this device then including the Portal of Power?
Could somebody provide me some instructions?

Greetings
Lithyn
I can't seem to find the Wii-USB branch?
Could anyone point me in the right direction?
It looks like you'll have to compile it:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...me=wii-usb
When will people finally understand the Buildbot builds *everything*?

http://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/wii-usb/1/
(01-31-2013, 06:09 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]When will people finally understand the Buildbot builds *everything*?

http://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/wii-usb/1/
Cool, Thanks!
Pages: 1 2