Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Set up a Wiki on dolphin-emu.com!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This wiki doesn't necessarily needs to be the overweighted MediaWiki. You are free to use MoinMoin instead. Though I'd prefer MediaWiki.

And why? So we can have a compatibility and issues Wiki page for every game (yes, every!). We can have a current compatibility list and everybody is free to add something.

And because we can make a FAQ. Why doesn't Dolphin run on 4 cores? Is there support for a 2nd Wiimote? What Bluetooth stuff should I buy? How do I rip games? Why is downloading games bad bad bad? Is the x64 version superior to x32? What was the milestone with release of revision 2446? Where are my frames gone?

And to show you Web-Overlords that this is a urging demand of your userbase, I added a poll. Now go and download Mediawiki. Go! Go!

Don't read on here. Just do it.

Now. Thanks. Big Grin
It's not certain noobs will go there anyway. But Dolphin will definitely grow a lot the next years as the emulator improves and people get better computers, so these kind of huge FAQs would be important I guess.
(07-12-2009, 10:57 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]It's not certain noobs will go there anyway.

Of course, noobs won't go there. Noobs never ever do what you want. But you can send them. Smile
we had a wiki on the google code page before
got removed cause it was pointless
EDIT: also, the ini's cover your wiki idea just fine
EDIT2: also, noobs wouldn't look at a wiki anyway
Wiki is a great idea (well, actually, its a no-brainer)! Thois could solve the problems with information scattered around several places.

You'd actually get correct configurations, actual discussion and a nice compatibility list for free. Just migrating all the specific threads for games to the wiki would help out so much. No need to dig through several pages of nonsense to find that one bit of information someone dropped..
theres a wikipedia page here Smile
(07-12-2009, 11:54 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]we had a wiki on the google code page before

1.) what does "pointless" mean? Google Code is for devs. Your regular users didn't see the wiki, I guess? So it's kind of pointless, yeah.

2.) which part of the wiki idea is covered by inis? Can they be easily accessed by anyone thru the web? Do they contain images? Are they human readable? Usability? Fun? Screenshots? Glitches and workarounds?
Quote:# RHTP54 - Manhunt 2
[Core] Values set here will override the main dolphin settings.
[EmuState] The Emulation State. 1 is worst, 5 is best, 0 is not set.
EmulationStateId = 2
EmulationIssues =
[OnFrame] Add memory patches to be applied every frame here.
[ActionReplay] Add action replay cheats here.
You know, I'm quite puristic, but, yes, dolphin-emu.com needs a wiki.

3.) Noobs will lookup the games or info they need. Noobs just need to know that the info is there. So we can point 'em.

A wiki is still a great idea. *pounding-the-foot*
(07-18-2009, 07:43 PM)Anudu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2009, 11:54 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]we had a wiki on the google code page before

1.) what does "pointless" mean? Google Code is for devs. Your regular users didn't see the wiki, I guess? So it's kind of pointless, yeah.

2.) which part of the wiki idea is covered by inis? Can they be easily accessed by anyone thru the web? Do they contain images? Are they human readable? Usability? Fun? Screenshots? Glitches and workarounds?
Quote:# RHTP54 - Manhunt 2
[Core] Values set here will override the main dolphin settings.
[EmuState] The Emulation State. 1 is worst, 5 is best, 0 is not set.
EmulationStateId = 2
EmulationIssues =
[OnFrame] Add memory patches to be applied every frame here.
[ActionReplay] Add action replay cheats here.
You know, I'm quite puristic, but, yes, dolphin-emu.com needs a wiki.

3.) Noobs will lookup the games or info they need. Noobs just need to know that the info is there. So we can point 'em.

A wiki is still a great idea. *pounding-the-foot*
[Image: blank_facepalm_224.gif]
[Image: facepalm.jpg]

cmccmc

Actually I don't think that would be a bad idea
Pages: 1 2 3 4