Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having trouble with this one.
Worked fine on the latest stable release of Dolphin, but ever since downloading one of the development versions in order to take advantage of the bug fix for Wind Waker, it doesn't work right anymore.

First off, the title screen looks like this:
Spoiler:
Then the file select screen, where it seems to get stuck:
Spoiler:
I can press Start to bring up the pause menu and go up/down with the d-pad, but no way to know what option I'm currently selecting:
Spoiler:
If I press Up once after bringing up the pause menu, I can get to the "Quit Game" menu:
Spoiler:
`

- Worked fine in the latest stable release
- When I updated to the latest dev release, I went to the folder where I installed Dolphin, deleted everything inside and pasted the contents of the dev release's .zip archive. Was that an error?
(01-18-2014, 09:37 AM)Pingouin7 Wrote: [ -> ]- When I updated to the latest dev release, I went to the folder where I installed Dolphin, deleted everything inside and pasted the contents of the dev release's .zip archive. Was that an error?

Uninstall Dolphin, and then extract the dev build into the folder.
OK, I went and did it that way instead, but it sounds like that wasn't the issue, as the problem persists.
Are you using 4.0-652?
Yeah, that's the one I tried it with.
this game was broken by the ppc_pf merge in 4.0-404.
Okay, thanks!
I'll just have to keep both versions on my computer, then.
Hey, i've ran into an issue with this game. It seems most people dont really play this so its probably why this issue hasnt been reported before now. Sands of Time needs Real XFB in order to display any cutscenes, however if you use Real (or Virtual) XFB, then a giant green box covers half of the game screen. Cutscenes display fine, but the green box makes it unplayable. If you disable XFB totally then the game itself runs fine, except cutscenes just display a black screen. I'm using the latest Dev build (at the time of writing) of 4.0-8201
(11-24-2015, 01:56 AM)Rasral Wrote: [ -> ]It seems most people dont really play this so its probably why this issue hasnt been reported before now

Nah should work fine. But you'll probably have to reduce your IR
Pages: 1 2