Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

superscooter

Once the menu is reached, the game runs very slowly with video and audio stuttering. Speed is reduced to around 55-70 percent.
You'll have to overclock for this game. No chance to run it full-speed at stock clock

Darkbetter

Nailed it!
Using 4.0-1975, intros now look like intros!( Big Grin )
Here's my noobish settings!
(I'm using Geforce 8400 GS and 2GB Ram, so I can't make a video but I get 17 fps while playing...)
I'm going to guess that your videocard is the problem.

Darkbetter

Yup, I'm going to try borrow a good laptop, Gt 740 and 8GB ram is highest at there . So far I've came to F&G's mission start. Still freezes for a time after a cutscene.(But sometimes power of Geforce 8400 Gs makes it crash)No bugs yet. I get 20-23 Fps in tight areas. (No windows. Or 18-19 Fps)
Cant make it work properly on Dolphin 5+ (I tried a couple dev builds) if i can make it past the Electronic Arts intro (which rarely happens depending on the settings) when i start a new game or load one i already have the game loads, and when it does its thing of freezing for 5-10secs like it always did, it remains frozen forever and the FPS go down to 0. The same happens after the splash screen at the begining before the EA intro, the FPS vary a lot and they either go up to 30FPS and play the intro or go down to 0FPS and remain there forever.

This game used to work really well on Dolphin 4.8xx , im gonna check out more recent builds.
Okay after testing with a lot of builds (Almost 50 of them) The latest stable build for this game is 4.0-9237 (although there are a couple builds older than this one that also presented problems to run the game) After that, i tested with a lot of random builds between that and the latest 5.0 dev builds and they all had issues, they either couldnt get past the EA intro screen, or if they did, upon starting the game, it would freeze for ever.

All the builds were tested with the default settings i always used for this game.
The other Harry Potter game needed External Frame Buffer enabled. Have you tried that? Also, could you please try with dual core disabled?
(07-06-2016, 12:43 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]The other Harry Potter game needed External Frame Buffer enabled. Have you tried that? Also, could you please try with dual core disabled?

I will try these suggestions tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3