Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] TimeSplitters 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

illage2

I keep having poor frame rate and really bad stuttering audio. Menus are fine, its during actual gameplay I have these issues.
CPU too slow, blah blah blah, etc etc etc.
(10-07-2014, 06:53 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU too slow, blah blah blah, etc etc etc.

That really shouldn't be the case, not with this game. It'll run on just about anything (even your toaster). It's ridiculous how low the CPU requirements are for it, actually. With the latest Dolphin revisions, it's not even a valid question if the game's going to run well, except in very limited cases.

4.0.2, however, brought a lot of slowdowns to this game, unfortunately. Update to the latest dev build.
Oh, I thought this was a full MMU title. Am I wrong?

Oh shoot, that's 3/FuturePerfect that are full mmu titles.
Running really nicely on my rig at 3x IR 4xFSAA and 16xAA locked at 60fps (i7 4790K, GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0), although getting some screen tearing. Any ideas on which setting, if any, might help with that?
(10-13-2014, 08:59 PM)NZtechfreak Wrote: [ -> ]Running really nicely on my rig at 3x IR 4xFSAA and 16xAA locked at 60fps (i7 4790K, GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0), although getting some screen tearing. Any ideas on which setting, if any, might help with that?

Vsync.
(10-13-2014, 09:14 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2014, 08:59 PM)NZtechfreak Wrote: [ -> ]Running really nicely on my rig at 3x IR 4xFSAA and 16xAA locked at 60fps (i7 4790K, GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0), although getting some screen tearing. Any ideas on which setting, if any, might help with that?

Vsync.

That'd be the obvious one, yes, but I think I had that on... Will check this evening after work.

Edit: Hmm, it was V-sync. No idea how I missed that - cheers!

UnLucky

Hm, this game runs really well until one of the portals activates or if I'm looking out at the snow in Siberia, at which point the FPS tanks down to 5-10. If I turn around to look at a wall I get back to 60fps again.

Disabling fog doesn't help.

Version 4.0.2 runs poorly all around, and OpenGL doesn't work whatsoever anymore in 4.0-5110 so all I can use is D3D which gives me the above issue.

Any ideas? Or a known revision that works fine with D3D?
Are you sure it's just not too demanding for you in that particular scene? Snow in Tales of Symphonia also throws GPU's through fits...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5