Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: direct3d11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi all,
last month i bought a new laptop (asus N56 with the geforce GT 650M card in it)
now i wanted to try dolphin with a few games, but i got a little problem
if i go to graphic options in dolphin the "backend" stands at Direct3d9, but the problem is,
with that option i cant select my 650m graphics card (only intel hd graphics 4000 which is also standard in my laptop).
When i switch the "backend" to direct3d11 i can select my 650m graphics card, but when i want to start a game then it says:
"failed to enumerate outputs" So i can only play games with the direct3d9 option, which make some games lag Sad

I hope someone can solve my problem.
Many thanks in advance!
Never heard of such an error message. I found nothing in the forums about it...

Well, did you check if your DirectX is up-to date? What about your nVidia driver? Which Dolphin revision do you use?

Edit: I found the error message in the sourcode of Dolphin Tongue (Unfortunately, I don't understand this) -> http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...4b5b5f#231
Update your GPU drivers and DirectX runtime.
You'll have to excuse neobrain. He's too busy fixing SSAA for us to post links.
Update your drivers if you haven't by downloading the latest from Nvidia.
Download the latest DirectX runtime here.
Ye, busy devs are busy :>
thanks for the quick responses!

if i download the latest directx runtime it says you already have the latest directx
i downloaded the latest drivers for my 650m, but still got the same error when selecting direct3d11 with 650m and start a game
if i choose direct3d9 i only can choose the standard intel hd graphics 4000 card Sad

UPDATE: i was checking my nvidia settings and with a lil bit tweaking i am able to choose direct3d11 with my 650 card now! game will start now but the sound cracks a lot, what can i do about this?
Thanks in advance again !
What game?
donkey kong country returns, the rest of the games works like a charm now! What is the best option to choose? Direct3d9, direct3d11 or OPENGL?
Usually, Direct3D9 is the best graphics backend as it's faster than the others.

Mezza

This exact same problem is happening with my laptop with a gt640m. I can run games with openGL or DX11, but when I chose DX9 the game immediately crashes at startup and when I click the graphics tab in dolphin (where you can tweak your settings and stuff). If I launch it with my shitty intel card, I can access all 3 with no problem.

Drivers are up to date, same with direct X ;-;

I hate playin some games with those little itty bitty bouts of sluggishness.
Pages: 1 2