Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hotkey to Enable/Disable Custom Textures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we have a hotkey to enable/disable custom textures? it would make life a lot easier for people making them. each time you need to enable them you have to *alt-tab>graphics>advanced>tick "load custom textures">press close*, and then you need to repeat all this process again to disable.

it's quite annoying. imagine doing this at least 3 time for 10 texture files. Sad

There is already an "Enable Hotkeys" option that allows changing aspect ratio, IR, Fog ... etc, so I guess it's easy to implement. (?)

This is a bit unrelated, but the internal resolution hotkey (3) doesn't allow selecting 2.5x, 3x, 4x. it cycles through the values between Auto and 2x. Edit: just tested a newer build, so I guess that was fixed.
Yeah, implementing such a hotkey is pretty easy.
If no one steps up, I guess I'll try to do it for you.

Quote: This is a bit unrelated, but the internal resolution hotkey (3) doesn't allow selecting 2.5x, 3x, 4x. it cycles through the values between Auto and 2x.
What build are you using?
neobrain has fixed that quite some time ago. It should toggle between all those values.
(11-02-2012, 10:11 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, implementing such a hotkey is pretty easy.
If no one steps up, I guess I'll try to do it for you.

Quote: This is a bit unrelated, but the internal resolution hotkey (3) doesn't allow selecting 2.5x, 3x, 4x. it cycles through the values between Auto and 2x.
What build are you using?
neobrain has fixed that quite some time ago. It should toggle between all those values.

I was using 3.0 and 3.0-376 when I noticed it. sorry about that. Smile

Spruce

3 years. This still hasn't been implemented. I'm surprised other texture pack creators haven't lobbied for it, probably because what I'm doing right now is the only way I can think of to lobby for it.

This hotkey is needed if the community wants prettier texture packs for games. Today's standard in texturing is painting directly onto the models in a highly user friendly 3D modeling program. Since we can't have that, at least a one-key reload of the textures...
Nice necrobump. I suggest you file a feature request on the bug tracker for this.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Announcem...orum-rules

Global Forum Rules Wrote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed.

Closed.