Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound problem in zelda games... /:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

mudsky

ive been playing both the legend of zelda twilight princess and windwaker for the past week or so... and ive been having issues with sound in both games. ive also played super smash bros brawl, and have had no issues with it...
anyways, ive read similar threads with sound issues as well, but none sound quite the same. basically, ill be playing and randomly the sounds will (and im sure there's a term for this, but idk what it is) freeze. it will go from doo-dooooo-doododooododo to doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
anyways, ive tinkered with alot of the options, i cant really figure it out. its definitely worse in twilight princess.

edit: i dont think my signature is appearing yet, so here's my system specs...
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor 2.90 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 610
Memory/RAM: 6gb
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-776
Use LLE audio. You'll have to dump the DSP files from your console though. Read about it here. For TP and WW, you can use the reversed iROM discussed in the link if you can't dump your DSP files. Note that the reversed iROM only works for a handful of games (ones that use the Zelda ucode). Real DSP dumps will work with every game, however.

Also be aware that LLE audio will be more demanding than HLE audio. The audio may stutter if you can't get fullspeed. You're current hardware (CPU mainly) isn't suited to using LLE audio. If you want to play Dolphin with LLE audio seriously, you can upgrade your hardware, overclock your current hardware, or try an older version of Dolphin like the official 3.0 release (that's just 3.0 with no additional numbers).

mudsky

thank you!! very helpful!
do you have any suggestions on what sort of processor to get?
If you're going to make a hardware upgrade, and you want to maximize it for Dolphin, you're honestly going to be better off with Intel CPUs atm. For Dolphin, Intel's Sandy/Ivy Bridge chips are the fastest. If you want the absolute best, it's recommended that you go for an i5-3750K, a z77 motherboard, and a decent cooler. Once overclocked, this setup will play Dolphin most games at fullspeed, even with LLE. If that's too expensive, try to get an Ivy Bridge CPU (the i5-3450 for example) and a z77 ASRock motherboard. ASRock motherboards like that let you easily overclock non -K models (to an extent though).
Intel core i7s rock..... if you can fork over $900.
(10-30-2012, 07:08 AM)Kelton2 Wrote: [ -> ]Intel core i7s rock..... if you can fork over $900.

I have no idea what your point here is.

For Dolphin, i7 Desktop CPUs are virtually worthless. A cheaper i5 will perform just as well, and in some case better.

Only ridiculously i7 CPU costs more than $900; most cost under $300.

If you are referring to laptops or are using a different currency than USD than I can understand that statement, but other than that I don't really know what you are saying.
(10-30-2012, 09:50 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2012, 07:08 AM)Kelton2 Wrote: [ -> ]Intel core i7s rock..... if you can fork over $900.

I have no idea what your point here is.

For Dolphin, i7 Desktop CPUs are virtually worthless. A cheaper i5 will perform just as well, and in some case better.

Only ridiculously i7 CPU costs more than $900; most cost under $300.

If you are referring to laptops or are using a different currency than USD than I can understand that statement, but other than that I don't really know what you are saying.

In my opinion even an i5 would be worthless with dolphin. and i3 and a decent discrete gpu would do the work more than greatly.
Hell, my cpu is an AMD Llano, which almost everybody tagged as slow, and weak. No problem running dolphin at 60fps.
Also please don't use ASRock motherboards specially if you will try to overclock. If you want to overclock successfully without being scared of frying your motherboard with voltage, get the real deal. Get Asus.
Quote:No problem running dolphin at 60fps.
Zelda WW is 30 FPS game . You can't run higher than 30 FPS unless you disable Framelimit
60FPS on Zelda WW is double-speed , it's too fast to play
Quote:Also please don't use ASRock motherboards specially if you will try to overclock
AsRock mobo is quite good for overclocking , don't know what you're talking about . A lot of people are using them with i5 3450 @3.9GHz , i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz ...
Quote:In my opinion even an i5 would be worthless with dolphin
Most i3 are locked CPU (except first generation i3) , you can't overclock them via bios
i3 doesn't have turbo boost feature
Demanding games like The Last Story , SMG + LLE will chop off any i3 , any AMD CPU (include the high-end Piledriver FX-8350)
Dolphin uses 2 cores + 1 core (LLE on threads) , a Quad Core CPU is always better
The best CPU for Dolphin is either i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz or i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
(10-30-2012, 04:14 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:No problem running dolphin at 60fps.
Zelda WW is 30 FPS game . You can't run higher than 30 FPS unless you disable Framelimit
60FPS on Zelda WW is double-speed , it's too fast to play
Quote:Also please don't use ASRock motherboards specially if you will try to overclock
AsRock mobo is quite good for overclocking , don't know what you're talking about . A lot of people are using them with i5 3450 @3.9GHz , i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz ...
Quote:In my opinion even an i5 would be worthless with dolphin
Most i3 are locked CPU (except first generation i3) , you can't overclock them via bios
i3 doesn't have turbo boost feature
Demading games like The Last Story , SMG + LLE will chop off any i3 , any AMD CPU (include the high-end Piledriver FX-8350)
Dolphin uses 2 cores + 1 core (LLE on threads) , a Quad Core CPU is always better
The best CPU for Dolphin is either i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz or i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz

Well that's weird~
I have an underpowered CPU with a basic gigabyte motherboard, a medium entry GPU. And I'm still plowing dolphin with something that intel beat by miles in benchmarking =P
... and yes you can overclock an unlocked cpu. your cpu does not need to have a K in the end of it's model number to overclock it. Instead of increasing the multiplier, you just have to raise the front-side bus frequency in the BIOS, but of course the overclock won't be as massive as the multiplier increase.

People forget to remember that intel and amd do exactly the same and there are no applications which function better with one brand than with the other.

Your CPU is abit slower than Intel Core 2 Quad clock for clock . Of course , most games are playable on your CPU , some games run at fullspeed but demanding games are out of the question
Quote:People forget to remember that intel and amd do exactly the same and there are no applications which function better with one brand than with the other.
Ivy Bridge (3rd gen) and Sandy Bridge (2nd gen) are far better CPU for Dolphin than Bulldozer and Piledriver due to higher IPC . APU Trinity is on par with Nehalem (1st gen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4