Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windwaker SE issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Andez

Hi so recently I encountered the issue whereby you needed to activate the fix item hang to progress. In doing this I lost most of the sounds which was expected, however I am unable to get it back, can anyone help me at all?

I have tried switching from HLE to LLE as was previously recommended to me but in doing that I can no longer open the game as it requires HLE to run apparently. I was also asked to change GCMpathes to 1 instead of 2 in the dolphin.ini but that didn't work either.

So I am at a bit of a loss here guys any help would be appreciated :/
Did you try to deactivate the Item hang patch? When the patch is not active, you should get sound.

Andez

Yeah i saved game when I got beyond the issue, turned it off, deactivated the fix item hang, reloaded the game and still no sound :/ I get few noises like the sound of footsteps but not much else
Maybe this is the problem. Do you use save states?
Strange I have never needed to use the Fix Item Hang patch when I have played Wind Waker in order to progress. Why is this useful at all? Is it because of HLE? LLE have been flawless with this game.
Anyway try make a backup of your saves and re-install Dolphin, that might work.

Andez

Well there was a cutscene on outset island where you get the 3rd pearl and I could not progress past this black screen until I used the fix item hang. Yes I use savestates, is that a bad thing?

Also I have tried to change to LLE but the Rom doesn't load, it shows this http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4683/60593309.png Is there something I need to do to change that and will it restore my audio?

Thanks for your time btw guys I'm not exactly savvy on these matters
(10-28-2012, 08:37 PM)Andez Wrote: [ -> ]Well there was a cutscene on outset island where you get the 3rd pearl and I could not progress past this black screen until I used the fix item hang. Yes I use savestates, is that a bad thing?

Also I have tried to change to LLE but the Rom doesn't load, it shows this http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4683/60593309.png Is there something I need to do to change that and will it restore my audio?

Thanks for your time btw guys I'm not exactly savvy on these matters

That screenshot my friend is a sign that you have to dump these files off your GameCube or Wii in order to use LLE. If you had access to LLE you wouldn't have to use the Fix Item Hang patch.

Here's how you do it:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23103

Andez

Ok wow, thanks for all that info, i followed the instructions, it all seems to have loaded up okay but now I can't load my saves without dolphin.exe not responding :/ Any ideas?
Ahh it's okay, I went back to HLE, loaded the save state and just saved it in game then went back to LLE and all is well now! Thank you very much guys!
Yep, savestates made with LLE won't work with HLE and vice versa. We're glad that we could help ya Smile
Try not to use savestates, they're fragile and break easily. Try get in-game and save normally, then re-install Dolphin just to be sure it's cleaned. Then start using LLE.
Pages: 1 2