Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Latest nvidia drivers provide huge speedup in SMG2 !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-26-2012, 10:47 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You are missing most important screenshoot-dolphin 3.0 Nvidia 306.23 whql
I forgot to take that screenshot lol . It's the same result
Actually, the difference in speed between 3.0 and 3.0 784 may not be noticeable (at least for me)

So you didnt get any speed improvement from 3.0-784 ?
I got HUGE improvement from that revision,making it significantly faster then even 3.0
Then,with new drivers,3.0 gets that same amazing speed.
If you didnt get any speed improvement in 3.0-784 BEFORE using newest beta drivers,that would explain why you dont see any improvements now.
You are probably bottlenecked with that 540m gpu...
We'll need more testers then
Someone with Ivy Bridge CPU or Sandy Bridge CPU + decent GPU
I've got an Ivy Bridge CPU Tongue Maybe this weekend, I can test it out!
Ofc , other CPU are ok to join as long as they're not Pentium D , Pentium 4 or Athlon 64 . Because those CPU are too slow , the framerate are not stable on those CPU -> post incorrect result
Didn't get the speed up from Rodolfo's rev initially, maybe this beta driver just helps for people who didn't get it?
I went through and tested this, but forgot to capture the fps on my fraps screenshots...

Basically my results confirmed that the drivers provide a huge speedup on older revisions (I tested r7719). Fps on mario galaxy went from 80ish to 115 at native resolution. Gains were made on all resolution settings from 1x to 4x res.

No difference in performance for 3.0-787.

I'm running an i7 920@4ghz / gtx 580 btw.
You were using HLE audio, though?
(10-28-2012, 08:20 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]You were using HLE audio, though?

Yes when I made these screenshoots,but speedup is present with both HLE and LLE
i tested this last night and did get a small boost from the latest update (to be clear, that was 306.97, the newest windows 8 driver. don't think that's the one being talked about here...) . i booted mario galaxy 2 with build 3.0-790 (64) with framelimit off, D3D9, 3xIR, 0AA, 2xAF, HLE audio and left mario unmoved after it loaded and got a pretty stable 65fps.

after the driver update i ran dolphin again with the same configuration and got an equally stable 68fps. the same number of background processes were running each time, so there was no real difference other than the gpu driver. 3 extra fps isn't anything to sneeze at.

i didn't get any screenshots, but i know the settings were identical. if you want an even less reliable test, i had logged some numbers for skyward sword's file selection screen using 3.0-787 and had gotten 19fps, 39vps, and 65% speed with 4xIR, 0AA and 2xAF with D3D11.
just now i got 20fps, 40vps, and 67% speed with the exact same config... i'm inclined to think that's from the driver update rather than the slightly newer dolphin build, since even the more aggressive attempts to speed up dolphin builds lately haven't produced any changes that noticeable on my system.
my system uses an i5-2500k clocked to 4.4ghz and a stock GTS-450 outputting at 1080p. anyway, carry on.
(10-29-2012, 11:25 AM)Nerrel Wrote: [ -> ]after the driver update i ran dolphin again with the same configuration and got an equally stable 68fps. the same number of background processes were running each time, so there was no real difference other than the gpu driver.

You realize that Dolphin might have cached lots of stuff in your first try and that that might be the actual reason why fps increased?
Pages: 1 2 3