Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ivy Bridge and Intel HD 4000 CAN PLAY WELL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have done my research and here is what I have found:

When people say that you can't play on Intel's chips, they are wrong. Most people believe this and Intel gets the bad rap of having bad graphics for gaming. The truth is that the people who believe this have heard this and built their own desktop. They have the nVIDEA and the Radeon graphics because they have heard about Intel. So they think that since their graphics can do very well but just not perfect all the time, Intel HD will suck. This is not true.

If you ask someone who has the new Ivy Bridge i5 or i7 with Intel Graphics, they will admit they were afraid at first, but when they used it it ran like a dream. Even i3 can do it if overclocked. The processor is mainly the factor. If you have even Sandy Bridge with Intel HD 3000 it will run well. It won't run at 60 FPS, and neither will Ivy and 4000, but it will run at a speed that is fine. I didn't even notice it wasn't 60FPS until I read the part that said 50FPS. That's fine, especially on 720p!

Also I am talking about laptops and desktops.

And I'm not talking about Super Mario Galaxy, that will lag at some points, but with almost every GameCube game te 4000 and Ivy Bridge work together in harmony.

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, Mario Kart Double Dash!!, Paper Mario, NSMB Wii, Sonic games, and almost every GameCube game out there will run at a very good speed. (Not sure about Pokemon XD or Colesseum)

Basically if you are getting a laptop or desktop and plan to emulate the GameCube, intel graphics are fine. If you have the money, however, it may be worth getting a laptop with a dedicated gpu.

Also look out for typos :0 autocorrect sucks
(10-18-2012, 06:24 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]When people say that you can't play on Intel's chips, they are wrong.

No one ever said that you can't run games with the newer Intel graphics.

Quote:Most people believe this and Intel gets the bad rap of having bad graphics for gaming.

That's because their graphics chips do perform badly when gaming.

Quote:If you have even Sandy Bridge with Intel HD 3000 it will run well. It won't run at 60 FPS, and neither will Ivy and 4000, but it will run at a speed that is fine.

That's kind of the point of why people are saying not to use Intel graphic chips. Some games are not going to run as fast as they should even at 1xIR and you could never raise the IR higher and would have to play games at very low resolutions. So to recap:

1) Games will run below full speed when they should be running at full speed.
2) Your games will look like crap because of the low resolution.
3) PC gaming is absolutely out of the question unless you play solitaire.

You're funny. And pc gaming works even better than Dolphin does.
(10-18-2012, 07:13 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2012, 06:24 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]When people say that you can't play on Intel's chips, they are wrong.

No one ever said that you can't run games with the newer Intel graphics.

Quote:Most people believe this and Intel gets the bad rap of having bad graphics for gaming.

That's because their graphics chips do perform badly when gaming.

Quote:If you have even Sandy Bridge with Intel HD 3000 it will run well. It won't run at 60 FPS, and neither will Ivy and 4000, but it will run at a speed that is fine.

That's kind of the point of why people are saying not to use Intel graphic chips. Some games are not going to run as fast as they should even at 1xIR and you could never raise the IR higher and would have to play games at very low resolutions. So to recap:

1) Games will run below full speed when they should be running at full speed.
2) Your games will look like crap because of the low resolution.
3) PC gaming is absolutely out of the question unless you play solitaire.
Oh I see, your an AMD. Please don't be biased this is to help people getting a low cost computer that runs GameCube games well
(10-18-2012, 07:16 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I see, your an AMD. Please don't be biased this is to help people getting a low cost computer that runs GameCube games well

You're not off to a good start here. Intel makes wonderful processors, but any Intel graphics chip to date is just garbage. That's not me liking AMD and saying that, that's because it's a fact. You need a dedicated GPU to be able to game at high levels, period. To just look at my specs and to see that I use an AMD chip and then to say that I then must hate Intel and am biased is very offensive. Don't offend me again.

(10-18-2012, 07:25 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2012, 07:16 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I see, your an AMD. Please don't be biased this is to help people getting a low cost computer that runs GameCube games well

You're not off to a good start here. Intel makes wonderful processors, but any Intel graphics chip to date is just garbage. That's not me liking AMD and saying that, that's because it's a fact. You need a dedicated GPU to be able to game at high levels, period. To just look at my specs and to see that I use an AMD chip and then to say that I then must hate Intel and am biased is very offensive. Don't offend me again.

Sorry. My point is that Intel 4000 HD can play Dolphin at an almost perfect speed. If you don't have the money to get a dedicated gpu then it is fine for most GameCube games
Ind of off task but how do I become more than a junior member?
Quote:My point is that Intel 4000 HD can play Dolphin at an almost perfect speed. If you don't have the money to get a dedicated gpu then it is fine for most GameCube games

If you're happy with lower game speed and low resolutions, it can be fine. I think what caused you to create this thread was that you thought people were saying that it was not possible to run games with the HD3000/4000 chips. What was actually said was that the performance and the quality would be lower, so you probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as you could if you had a dedicated GPU.

Quote:Ind of off task but how do I become more than a junior member?

It will change when you post more.
Thanks I kind of like you nowCool
i used intel grafix. couldn't get opengl to work even though i met requirements. if you're a gamer, you'd get a real card anyway. if you weren't a gamer, i doubt you'd use dolphin.
(10-18-2012, 09:08 AM)daaceking Wrote: [ -> ]i used intel grafix. couldn't get opengl to work even though i met requirements. if you're a gamer, you'd get a real card anyway. if you weren't a gamer, i doubt you'd use dolphin.

So what am I? Tongue
(10-18-2012, 09:11 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2012, 09:08 AM)daaceking Wrote: [ -> ]i used intel grafix. couldn't get opengl to work even though i met requirements. if you're a gamer, you'd get a real card anyway. if you weren't a gamer, i doubt you'd use dolphin.

So what am I? Tongue

i'm sure you will get a proper card in the future mr. exception Smile
Pages: 1 2 3