Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Widescreen Hack List?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a list somewhere if games that work with the widescreen hack? I can't seem to find one. I think it would be nice to see what GameCube games can be played in widescreen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nin...:9_support

Might be a good place to start looking.

But the widescreen hack works with games that weren't meant to be widescreen in the first place. Look at Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, etc. AFAIK those games don't have major glitches with the widescreen hack. I think there should be a list.

And now I have 5 stars Tongue
(10-15-2012, 02:33 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]But the widescreen hack works with games that weren't meant to be widescreen in the first place. Look at Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, etc. AFAIK those games don't have major glitches with the widescreen hack.

SMS has horrible glitches with the widescreen hack, that's one of the worst games to use it with.

(10-15-2012, 02:33 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]I think there should be a list.

You could make a thread Big Grin
I've heard some people like SMS with the widescreen hack... But you are a more trustworthy source of info so ill take your word for it.

I'll test out my games for a list later. Can you guys contribute?
It will work with every game because it's a hack
However , you will have graphic glitches on some games if you enable that hack ( I suppose you know this already)
Edit : Ninja'd
(10-15-2012, 02:44 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]However , you will have graphic glitches on some games if you enable that hack
Dunno about you, but that's what I usually consider not working Tongue
(10-15-2012, 02:46 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2012, 02:44 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]However , you will have graphic glitches on some games if you enable that hack
Dunno about you, but that's what I usually consider not working Tongue

That's what I was thinking.

I want to make a list of games based on category:

Perfect - no glitches whatsoever (I doubt many if any games will fall under here)
Minor glitches - small stuff that doesn't interfere with gameplay in any way (like in the game I'm playing right now, Super Mario Strikers, the player label isn't directly above the player)
Major glitches - stuff like Super Mario Sunshine as Starscream pointed out
Impossible - graphics are completely broken

Does that seem like a fair categorization?
Quote:Perfect - no glitches whatsoever (I doubt many if any games will fall under here)
Xenoblade
99.9% sure unless my eyes deceive me
Pages: 1 2