Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: R: Racing Evolution - Crashing all the time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since im unable to make a new thread for unknown reason in the Games section, im really sorry about posting this here.

I would really want to play one of my old favorites "R: Racing Evolution". I am not really familiar with Dolphin, since I have not used it much before. I have seen loads of videos about this game running perfectly on dolphin, and even with older versions, yet mine crashes after few minutes after booting the game up. When the game freezes, the music still keeps playing. I am running "3.0-744-dirty" version of the emulator and I have made NO changes to the config since I installed it (exeption configurating my gamepad). I would really appreciate if some of you nice people could help me with running this game once more.

Thank you!

(My PC conf is in my profile)
Have you tried redumping the game?
Redumping?

Never have done that.

Can you link me some tutorial how to do it, ill give it a shot.
Dumping refers to the process you used to get the game file to your PC. How did you get the game in the 1st place?
Im not suppost to talk about it Wink
LOL. I don't think so.
I also tried a different dump, but still no avail. So my guesses are the problem lies within the configuration, not the game itself.
(10-07-2012, 05:30 PM)Fleg Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen loads of videos about this game running perfectly on dolphin, and even with older versions

Yeah this game works better with older revisions (very old...). It isn't recommended but you could try one of them. At your own risk though Wink

(10-07-2012, 07:10 PM)Fleg Wrote: [ -> ]So my guesses are the problem lies within the configuration, not the game itself

Post your settings. Are you sure you didn't change any setting? I got a small idea of what might be wrong but if you didn't touch anything it's no use posting them
Isn't this suppost to be other way around? I mean like with the newer versions the compatibility increases? Big Grin

I am pretty sure I did not change anything since I downloaded Dolphin like 20 minutes before making this thread Wink.
(10-07-2012, 11:11 PM)Fleg Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this suppost to be other way around? I mean like with the newer versions the compatibility increases? Big Grin

Actually accuracy increases not compatibility.
Some games that didn't work formerly may work now that's right but I could play some games with old builds whereas I couldn't with Dolphin 3.0 for example. Some games aren't listed as playable in my thread (in my sig) because I couldn't finish them with Dolphin 3.0 Wink
Pages: 1 2