Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Monster Hunter Tri specs questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not tech-savvy at all, and I just picked Dolphin up maybe a week ago. I've been trying to get Monster Hunter Tri running at a decent fps, and it's not working. It's been about steady 15 fps in-game, and I've been messing with the settings with no results.

These are my specs. All I need to know is whether or not I can even hope to get the game running smoothly.

Operating System: Windows 7 x32
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon 7550 Dual-Core 2.50 GHz
Video Card/GPU: GeForce GTS 250 (x2)
Memory/RAM: 3.00 GB (2.75 GB usable)
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-744 x86

From some of the other topics I've seen, it doesn't seem like my specs are all that good, but again, I don't really know anything about it.
Your CPU is too slow. You might get a small speed up if you use the official 3.0 release (3.0 with no numbers after it) and these settings --> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

Don't expect full speed or anything really that close to it though.
(10-05-2012, 07:25 AM)Cabadiah Wrote: [ -> ]It's been about steady 15 fps in-game

This is what you could expect with your CPU
Meh. I'm not going to bother then.

30 fps would be manageable, but if I can't get it that high I wouldn't really care to play it.
Well, just get a new CPU, this one is pretty weak for Dolphin.
You have really weak cpu,you should upgrade that.
Even if you are low on cash for only $100 you can get a much better cpu which will fit into your current computer
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103727

If you have more money,you can buy an intel i5 cpu+mainboard which are even faster then amd
Intel generally has better performance for gaming than AMD.
(10-10-2012, 05:38 PM)nintendo_nerd Wrote: [ -> ]Intel generally has better performance for gaming than AMD.

Be careful how you say that. Intel and AMD are brands; brand names have nothing to do with performance.

Intel's current line of CPUs is indeed better for gaming than AMD's current line of CPUs, but Intel itself is not better than AMD.
As much as I appreciate you repeating what I normally say in this situation he used the word "generally" so his statement is correct.

Had he said "Intel has better performance for gaming than AMD" (as so many people do) then you could have made that statement.
(10-11-2012, 06:34 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I appreciate you repeating what I normally say in this situation he used the word "generally" so his statement is correct.

Had he said "Intel has better performance for gaming than AMD" (as so many people do) then you could have made that statement.

Darn, I skimmed to fast.

I don't think you can say Intel itself performs in a computer system at all though. Intel's CPUs are faster than AMD's, but saying Intel generally has better performance than AMD could (and should IMO) be worded more clearly.

There could come a day in the future where AMD surpasses Intel in technology and makes faster CPUs, and on that day I don't want people looking back on a post here and getting confused.
Pages: 1 2 3