Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Direct X update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Installing windows via boot camp will work just as well, right?
hilarity aside.

An EMULATOR is a resource-intensive recreation of a console's environment using most of your cpu and gpu's power. it Is a finicky, stupid son of a b*tch that is very picky on when, where, and how it runs.
If you even get it to work, yay. If it works almost nicely or flawlessly, BRAVO!

But don't expect an emulator to work inside an emulator, which is basically what WINE is.
Get.The.Real.F*cking.Deal.
Yeah like im TOTALLY going to buy a new computer JUST to run dolphin.
If apple finally supported direct x would that fix everything?
Because that's like the only thing missing, because apple just released the most up to date graphics cards from nvidia on the new macbooks.
Anyways, do you suggest i look on the crossover forum?
(07-09-2009, 05:23 AM)Evanjs Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, do you suggest i look on the crossover forum?

I "suggest" you get a real PC.
(07-09-2009, 05:25 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2009, 05:23 AM)Evanjs Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, do you suggest i look on the crossover forum?

I "suggest" you get a real PC.

Like I said, im NOT going to spend $500 just to run dolphin
If your going to be cheap then just play on your Wii
macs are overpriced imo. You only pay 700 dollars for the os, and some junk hardware. The macbook cases are nice though.
Getting a PC ensures, you know, COMPATIBILITY.
You can actually use your pc for stuff, while you can poke at Mac at someone and giggle at it for days.
It's an expensive, ugly children's toy with little to no cmopatibility.
(07-10-2009, 05:16 AM)Blackwingdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Getting a PC ensures, you know, COMPATIBILITY.
You can actually use your pc for stuff, while you can poke at Mac at someone and giggle at it for days.

Poke fun at someone for using a Mac?
That's not really mature.
Mac's have a different target audience which is shown with their price range.
As for compatibility, Mac OS X is built on top of a UNIX base so there's plenty of software available for it.
I would agree with anyone saying that they are overpriced for the hardware but I believe that it's the well thought out and beautiful design that you pay for as well as the excellant customer support and the experience with the Apple stores.

As for Evanjs, I suggest you install Windows on Boot Camp in order to try and run Dolphin. There are some Mac OS builds somewhere about but they're outdated and very buggy IIRC.
(07-10-2009, 05:27 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2009, 05:16 AM)Blackwingdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Getting a PC ensures, you know, COMPATIBILITY.

Poke fun at someone for using a Mac?
That's not really mature.
Mac's have a different target audience which is shown with their price range.
As for compatibility, Mac OS X is built on top of a UNIX base so there's plenty of software available for it.
I would agree with anyone saying that they are overpriced for the hardware but I believe that it's the well thought out and beautiful design that you pay for as well as the excellant customer support and the experience with the Apple stores.

As for Evanjs, I suggest you install Windows on Boot Camp in order to try and run Dolphin. There are some Mac OS builds somewhere about but they're outdated and very buggy IIRC.

Finally, somebody who doesn't say, oh your retarted, dont use mac, your stupid just buy windows, and yeah boot camp would work for like everything ive had problems installing on mac.
Pages: 1 2 3