Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin missing textures (walls) in Calling (wii)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello everybody. I has this problem when playing Calling for wii, when the games begins the cutscenes are all right and the gameplay in the first room when the light is on is ok to. Now when the light goes out i can't see any walls, windows and neither the ground i can only see the doors and the bed the rest is all black. I've read that the newer versions of dolphin have this problem with OpenGL and some old ones don't but i can't find the old ones to download for Linux (Fedora 17) only for windows. Can someone help me with this please? Thanks in advance Big Grin

My specs are:

Fedora 17
4GB RAM DDR3 1333mhz
Intel core i5 2.4ghz
Ati mobility radeon hd 5145 512mb
Dolphin Revision: 3.0-772
The oldest supported build would be Dolphin 3.0 (3.0 with no additional numbers). That's the last stable release. You can make a Git clone of the Google Code repository, then checkout the 3.0 source code an compile it yourself; instructions can be found in this thread. Alternatively, if you happen to be using a 64-bit version of Fedora, you can just download a binary of 3.0 that I compiled myself here.

If you still get problems, post your Dolphin settings, preferably as screenshots. Take a look at the following: click the Config button and look at the General tab. Click the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs.
(09-27-2012, 12:13 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]The oldest supported build would be Dolphin 3.0 (3.0 with no additional numbers). That's the last stable release. You can make a Git clone of the Google Code repository, then checkout the 3.0 source code an compile it yourself; instructions can be found in this thread. Alternatively, if you happen to be using a 64-bit version of Fedora, you can just download a binary of 3.0 that I compiled myself here.

If you still get problems, post your Dolphin settings, preferably as screenshots. Take a look at the following: click the Config button and look at the General tab. Click the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs.

I followthe instructions on that thread but no luck. I download from repository of fedora the 3.0 x86_64 version of dolphin and i can run the game a little faster now but the problem persists. I think it has something to do with the resolution or the shaders. Its like some black ink in the screen.

[attachment=8273]
[attachment=8274]
[attachment=8275]
[attachment=8276]

In the beginning of the game with the lights on I have like a overlay in the corner

[attachment=8277]

And when lights go out i have this

[attachment=8278]

If i click on 3 to change the internal resolution i get this

[attachment=8279]
Quote:Dolphin missing textures (walls) in Calling - Wii
You have to use old Dolphin revision (Dolphin r5186 ) . This problem has existed since Dolphin 2.0
Quote:but i can't find the old ones to download for Linux (Fedora 17) only for windows
I guess you should either install windows or compile that build for Linux or give up then
(09-27-2012, 02:00 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Dolphin missing textures (walls) in Calling - Wii
You have to use old Dolphin revision (Dolphin r5186 ) . This problem has been existed since Dolphin 2.0
Quote:but i can't find the old ones to download for Linux (Fedora 17) only for windows
I guess you should either install windows or compile that build for Linux or give up then

Can you tell me where i can get the build to compile?
I'm sorry , the link was dead so i can't find it
(09-27-2012, 02:48 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry , the link was dead so i can't find it

Hmm yeah i have the same problem..and emulation via wine is not working to..emulate a emulator lol..if someone find dolphin r5186 for linux or the build for a linux guy like me to compile post it here please.
First of all, please understand the rules regarding old builds :

Quote:Old Dolphin builds: People are free to use any build that they like, but we do not recommend the use of builds older than the latest official release. Older builds have missing features and issues with games that would be fixed by using the latest official release or the current Git master builds. We ask that you please refrain from recommending old builds to forum users since they are not supported on the forums.

That said, I cannot recommend your using the following build. There may yet be a way to play this game on 3.0 or current builds. But I'm not here to stop any one from using older builds, that's your choice. Just know that it's not supported, so you can't expect to get much if any help with any issues related to it.

Dolphin r5186 - Linux x86_64
(09-27-2012, 03:41 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, please understand the rules regarding old builds :

Quote:Old Dolphin builds: People are free to use any build that they like, but we do not recommend the use of builds older than the latest official release. Older builds have missing features and issues with games that would be fixed by using the latest official release or the current Git master builds. We ask that you please refrain from recommending old builds to forum users since they are not supported on the forums.

That said, I cannot recommend your using the following build. There may yet be a way to play this game on 3.0 or current builds. But I'm not here to stop any one from using older builds, that's your choice. Just know that it's not supported, so you can't expect to get much if any help with any issues related to it.

Dolphin r5186 - Linux x86_64

Yeah i know and i understand...this build has no compatibility with my recent libraries lol. Need to find another way to play this game..i really don't like the though of going back to windows... I have experienced every possible setting combination in 3.0 and nothing..I even modify some code in Render.cpp (some people said it will work) but still nothing. I'm running out of ideas lol
Out of curiosity, does setting EFB Copies to RAM and enabling the cache do anything in any revision for you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4