Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with SMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello and sorry for not visiting this place for a few months but I was bussy with my old and new school and got some problems with my PC.But now everything is fine so here is the problem:
On this link ( http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...rio_Galaxy ) I have read that music bugs can be removed by using LLE plugin. But when I select it and start the game I got EXTREME lags. Anyone knows how to fix it?

My PC:
Processor:
AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 Processor
RAM Memory:
4 GB DDR2
GPU:
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

And this is my Dolphin configuration:
Graphics:
Direct3D 11
Scaled EFB Copy
EFB Copy to Texture
External Frame Buffer set to Virtual
Progresive Scan Enabled
With THAT CPU, there is no way. SMG needs an Core i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz (in most cases) if you want to use LLE perfectly. Wink

The CPU is way too old, please leave the Athlon processors they are old and obsolete, you should get the i5-3570k already.

I'm using i5-3570k @4.2 Ghz and can run SMG with LLE full speed.
(09-26-2012, 03:58 PM)Twisted Scorpio Wrote: [ -> ]The CPU is way too old, please leave the Athlon processors they are old and obsolete, you should get the i5-3570k already.

I'm using i5-3570k @4.2 Ghz and can run SMG with LLE full speed.

Okay thank you.The i5-3570k works with my mainboard?(Gigabyte Technology Co. the model name is GA-MA770-UD3)
And my PC was bought 2 years ago so some components sure are old.
I got to wait to January when my warranty ends befo I can change CPU.
Won't work, your MoBo is not supported.

You need a Z77 MoBo.
You will need to buy a new mainboard too when upgrading cpu.
3570k is expensive. If you have the money,then sure go for a 3570k+z77 mobo.
For slighty less money,you can go for i5 2500k+z68 mobo
If you still cant afford that,there is hope dont worry Smile
For a lot cheaper you can get h61+i5 2400 cpu
This is what I did.
And you can still play Mario with LLE,or any other game for that matter.
I would NOT recommend going cheaper then this,though
I think I recall someone in Hardware saying that if you can't buy an Intel -K model (2500K, 2600K, 3750K, etc) that have unlocked multipliers, you should get an ASRock motherboard. Something about how it could still let you OC a bit. Just woke up, so everything's all fuzzy atm :p

Anyway, if you absolutely have to go the cheapest route like rpglord, you're probably going to have to use his infamous VBeam Trick. If you get one of the Intel -K CPUs, don't worry about it though.
I'm afraid that a new mainboard means that I need to buy new GPU,HDD and other stuff with is WAY too expensive.
Well even if the new mainboard would work with the rest of my computer's components it will be still expensive. (in Poland everything is expensive)

I send the CPUID report to make sure that everything is clear to you guys (and girls)
You'll most likely have to replace anything in your pc meaning you need a new mainboard, a new cpu and probably a new gpu and new RAM

Wait for the WiiU instead, it's much cheaper than a new PC that does the things you want
(09-27-2012, 12:24 AM)DolphinPolskaUser Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid that a new mainboard means that I need to buy new GPU,HDD and other stuff with is WAY too expensive.
Well even if the new mainboard would work with the rest of my computer's components it will be still expensive. (in Poland everything is expensive)

I send the CPUID report to make sure that everything is clear to you guys (and girls)

No,your are not correct. I checked your mobo ( GA-MA770-UD3 ) on the internet.
You can still use your 9800gt gpu and hdd etc..you will only need to buy ddr3 memory,which is very cheap on every part of the world.

Buying just an expensive cpu is not cheaper then buying not expensive cpu+mainboard+ram.

You can check your prices in your country,but I bet i5 3570k alone cost as much as i5 2400+h61+4 gb of ddr3 ram

(09-26-2012, 03:55 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]With THAT CPU, there is no way. SMG needs an Core i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz (in most cases) if you want to use LLE perfectly. Wink

Avarage I get on i5 2400 which turbo to 3.2 when running 3 cores is 70 fps,which is 10 more then fullspeed !
Lowest I got is 59 fps which is just one fps short of fullspeed.
That is when using Starscream's speed settings.

(09-27-2012, 12:23 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I think I recall someone in Hardware saying that if you can't buy an Intel -K model (2500K, 2600K, 3750K, etc) that have unlocked multipliers, you should get an ASRock motherboard. Something about how it could still let you OC a bit. Just woke up, so everything's all fuzzy atm :p
Every board with p67,z68 or z77 chipsets lets you overlock by a 400 mhz Smile

(09-27-2012, 12:23 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, if you absolutely have to go the cheapest route like rpglord, you're probably going to have to use his infamous VBeam Trick. If you get one of the Intel -K CPUs, don't worry about it though.

Actually,when using Starcream's speed settings,game runs fullspeed constantly even on i5 2400 ! ( with lle of course )
Pages: 1 2 3