Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Overclocking Tips [Help]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[attachment=8163]so i want to know if theres anything i could do to amp it up more sure i dont wanna fry my bacon but since im no pro at this might as well learn what i can..
okay so heres what i did i am using K10-Stat with amd overdrive and i noticed that im limited to a certan voltage in k10 is there any thing else i can do i took the liberty of taking a pic so u guys/girls can c wat im looking at
and i also used my most cpu intensive game so u can c how high the temp go
-4.7GHz
-1.4125 volts core voltage
-Only 43 degrees Celsius under 2 core full load

Those are both ridiculously high for llano, how the hell did you manage to get such low temperatures? Are you by any chance pouring liquid nitrogen into an evaporation chamber while you're doing this? Please check your temperatures with some other software like realtemp or coretemp.
Did you run a stability test yet?
Also I would just stick to using K10 for overclocking and forget about overdrive if I were you.

All cpus have a limited VID range. But there are ways to push the voltage outside of the normal VID range if your bios/EFI supports it.
Llano 4.7GHz ~ 13 FPS The Last Story ? It must be sth wrong
My mobile i5 get 15 FPS at that point (EFB copy to Ram)
Yeah. There are a number of other things that don't make sense as well:
-I have yet to find a review of llano where the organization testing it is able to keep the chip stable above 3.7/3.8GHz
-They all needed higher voltages than 1.41 to keep it stable that high (usually 1.5 volts).
-Keeping the temps that low at such a high clock rate should require some serious cooling. Something even better than a high end liquid cooling system. A liquid cooling system should be able to get it stable at 4.0 or 4.2 GHz but not 4.7 GHz. A phase change cooling system might be able to get the temps that low at such a high clock rate but unless this guy is a very good engineer and has hundreds or thousands of dollars lying around I doubt that he has built one. Plus if he did have the money to build one why would he be using a medium end cpu with it?

The fact that he's keeping it stable a full 1 GHz higher than anybody else is able to with nearly 0.1 v less voltage and with far lower temps than top of the line cooling systems is questionable to say the least. And on top of that like you said he's getting performance that is a fraction of what he should be getting (although he hasn't given us his settings yet so we can't know for sure). Something is definitely wrong.
Ok so i took your advice and got core temp (tried realtemp not support amd i guess) and as u can see its the same or not idk Huh
Also admin89 it actually (sometimes) runs at full speed but only in certain areas with the camera at a certain angle as u can c in my first pic 13 FPS with 44% speed but in this pic its running at full speed this to me is common when i (try) to play intensive games

By the way if there is anything i could do to provide more info please tell me
and i have not ran a stability test yet [attachment=8164]
That's weird ...
If you have 4.7GHz Llano , you should get 20FPS+ everywhere

How about you try a reasonable overclock first before jumping to outrageous clock speeds? See what happens at 2.8GHz.
tested 2.8GHz out but no change just drop in speed but what i did noticed is while i was raising it little by little there seem to b no change in performance at all it just reaches to the same speed and fps i had in first pic do u think it has anything to do with my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 6530D) i really want to get to the bottom of this got me feeling like i cant use the full power of my pc Confused

let me know if theres anything else i need to show
Set the internal resolution to 1xIR and see if that helps.

Use these settings. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618
well ive tried them and nothing ive already found my perfect speed setting rndering to window is actually faster for me but other than that is there a way or some miricle program that helps me unlock the full potentail of my pc or could something b wrong with my pc
and just for kicks i did the stability test heres the pic Shy
Pages: 1 2 3 4