Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good enough to run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys, this is my PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7 LGA1156 860 2,8GHz
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 1156 GA-P55A-UD3 (P55)
VGA: ATI SAPPHIRE HD5850 1G GDDR5 PCI-E (21162-00-50R)
RAM: CORSAIR 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333 XMS3 DHX CL9
HD: SAMSUNG 320GB HD322HJ 7200rpm 16MB
HD: SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA2
S.O.: WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT OEM

is it good for dolphin? I mean, can I play games as shon in those pictures (Capcm vs Tatsunoko, for example) http://www.dolphin-emu.org/demo.html ?

Can I play in full hd and filters with a good bitrate?

thanks

Not all games will run at full speed, but quite a few will. What games exactly are you planning on playing?
(08-27-2012, 07:00 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Not all games will run at full speed, but quite a few will. What games exactly are you planning on playing?

Ok, my games:

Residetn Evil 0, Castlevania Judgment, Donkey Kong country returns, Guilt gear accent core XX plus, Mad World, Mario Tennis, MArio Kart Wii, Metroid Other M, Mortla Kombat Armageddon, Muramasa, Nwe Super MArio Bros Wii, Punh Out, Resident Evil, Capcom vs Tatsunoko, Resident Evil 4, Super mario galaxy, super mario collection, Super MArio Galaxy 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Zelda Thwilight Princess, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Smash Bros Melee

many thanks!
you might want to overclock that GPU some more if you can, try aim for 3.5ghz
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 will not run at full speed with LLE audio (which is required at some points in the games), but it might come close with HLE audio; I don't know really on that though. SMG 1/2 are 2 of the top 3 most demanding games I have heard of on Dolphin.

I think the majority of the other ones will run close to full speed (if not full speed) most if not all of the time, but I haven't personally tested or read about some of those games.

You should be fine with: DKCR, Mario Tennis (though this one has graphics issues in Dolphin), Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Zelda: SS, Zelda: TP (but there will be slowdowns in hyrule field), SSBM. Afaik, the Resident Evil games are pretty demanding, so you might have problems, you might not. The Metroid games also tend to be pretty demanding, but I think they will run about the same as SS and TP (which is full speed sometimes but not all of the time).

The other ones idk.
(08-27-2012, 07:39 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 will not run at full speed with LLE audio (which is required at some points in the games), but it might come close with HLE audio; I don't know really on that though. SMG 1/2 are 2 of the top 3 most demanding games I have heard of on Dolphin.

I think the majority of the other ones will run close to full speed (if not full speed) most if not all of the time, but I haven't personally tested or read about some of those games.

You should be fine with: DKCR, Mario Tennis (though this one has graphics issues in Dolphin), Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Zelda: SS, Zelda: TP (but there will be slowdowns in hyrule field), SSBM. Afaik, the Resident Evil games are pretty demanding, so you might have problems, you might not. The Metroid games also tend to be pretty demanding, but I think they will run about the same as SS and TP (which is full speed sometimes but not all of the time).

The other ones idk.

ok, thanks!

And do you think I have to install the Web Installer DirectX End-User Runtime as shown in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0550ny7B0...r_embedded#!

Now I haven't installed it... so if I run the last build (0758) the Dolphin doesn't works: i appear a pop up message which reports that the XINPUT1_3.dll isn't in my computer... what can I do?

ok thanks!

well, do you know I have to overclock my GPU? Is it difficult?
have i also to overclock the VGA?

thanks
VGA was a graphics standard created by IBM back in 1987 for its line of IBM PS/2 PCs. Due to its widespread use the term caught on and many people still use it today to either refer to VGA cables, VGA connectors, VGA resolution, or to refer to the GPU or graphics card.

In other words your question doesn't make any sense.
(08-27-2012, 05:20 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, THIS installer -> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35

(09-03-2012, 07:15 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]VGA was a graphics standard created by IBM back in 1987 for its line of IBM PS/2 PCs. Due to its widespread use the term caught on and many people still use it today to either refer to VGA cables, VGA connectors, VGA resolution, or to refer to the GPU or graphics card.

In other words your question doesn't make any sense.

ah,ok...I have read in some forum that some users have overclocked their VGA (the same I have). In any case, do you think that it's enough I overclock my CPU up to 3,5 Ghz from the 2.8Ghz?
Pages: 1 2 3