Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cleanrip chunks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My 16gig SD card fell apart. Literally, cheap plastic just... fell apart. I tried gluing it back together, and it sorta worked, but I didn't put the lock tab back in. Apparently the lock tab HAS to be in place, otherwise it considers it locked. Ugh, what a dumb design. And now I've lost the stupid little thing so I can't glue it back on. Bah.

So, I'm using my camera's 2GB SD card to try to rip Wii Sports. 4.7GB>2GB so, I have to use chunks. ...and it's a nightmare. The idea was simple enough. Rip a chunk, copy the chunk onto my computer, repeat. In practice? Not so much.

The first chunk is easy. It creates RSPE01.bca and RSPE01.part0.iso. Easy. Move them off the card, put the card back into the wii, and record the next chunk. It's done, put it back into my computer... And it has RSPE01.bca, RSPE01.part0.iso, and RSPE01.part1.iso. Wth? It has 1.86gig in space, and it's holding two 1gig files? Oooookay. So, try to copy part1 off of it, I get an error. It won't let me. Maybe part0 is the real chunk? It errors too. Fine, try it again. Part2 has the error, it won't work either. On and on.

I've done it all the way up to the final chunk. Sometimes I am able to get a chunk off (I got a part3 off once) but, once it's past the first chunk, it's very rare for me to get it to work. Does anyone have any experience with this? Know how to get around it? Thanks to my 16gig card, I've never had to use chunks before...

Clean rip 1.04 settings:
Dual Layer - No
Chunk Size - 1GB
New Device per Chunk - Yes
The easiest solution I can think of is to use a FAT32 flash drive/hard drive. It never failed me for all 46 of my games.

You could also just try one of the USB Loader programs, but I'm not familiar with those at all. DefenderX is though.

EDIT: I don't know exactly what the .bca file does, but I would leave it on the card and only take off each of the parts separately as you dump the game.
"Error Mounting Device [00000000]"

I have never had much luck with flash drives on this thing. It doesn't like my external HDD either.
Try to set the chunk size to "MAX" in CleanRip. This will dump the game in one part. (Works fine with my 16GB USB stick)
...it can't mount the flash drive, and my SD card is 2gig in size...

Anyone have any tips on mounting flash drives? I was under the believe it wasn't possible, cause you know, I've never gotten one to work.
(08-26-2012, 04:54 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]"Error Mounting Device [00000000]"

I have never had much luck with flash drives on this thing. It doesn't like my external HDD either.

Did you install a cIOS?
CleanRip doesn't need a "cIOS" (facepalm, cIOS, not cISO Big Grin). CleanRip only needs the latest HBC + IOS58. CleanRip will use HW_AHBPROT for dumping games Wink
(08-26-2012, 09:43 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]CleanRip doesn't need a "cIOS" (facepalm, cIOS, not cISO Big Grin). CleanRip only needs the latest HBC + IOS58. CleanRip will use HW_AHBPROT for dumping games Wink

It does for USB AFAIK
Nope, it doesn't. It's Cleanrip, not clean when you use an SD card, but slightly grubby when you use a USB drive rip.

Anyway, I had this issue, and on my hundredth or so try it did spit out the correct parts. I found out that the longer the wait between finishing a chunk and starting the next, the more likely something is to go wrong, so if you can find a second SD card, that may help.

However, I only solved the problem by fining an 8GB Micro SD card in my phone, and using the adapter I'd been using for my 2GB Micro SD card. I then bought a second 8GB card for £3, so it may be simplest to just buy a bigger one.

Also, I've tried 17 different USB drives, and none of them mounted. I even send a support ticket to CleanRip's Dev, but nothing came of that. Basically, normally, it don't work.
Has anyone here even tried using USB with a cIOS?
Pages: 1 2