Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which to upgrade first
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking at buying a Nvidia GTX 680 here pretty soon. I also plan on upgrading my processor with in a month or so. Which will help me out with dolphin more? I may reverse the order.

Current system:

GTX 550TI
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Overclocked to 3.9

I can play most games around 40 fps at 1920x1080 with texture resolution set to window size. But I'd like to be around a constant 60 or 50 depending on pal or ntsc.
Quote:Which to upgrade first
CPU - i5 3570k + Z77 mobo
And make sure you don't get Faildozer
Without a doubt, upgrading your processor will improve your speed on Dolphin. However, you pretty much have the best AMD processor for Dolphin, so you'll have to look at Intel if you want better speed, which means upgrading your motherboard as well. The best processor to get would be the i5-3750k, and the i5-2500k comes in at a close second, but they are priced similarly, so go for the i5-3750k. As for upgrading your graphics card, the only improvement you would be seeing in Dolphin would be the ability to raise the level of AA.
Thanks for the feed back.
Don't forget to buy a good CPU cooler + good thermal compound (e.g. Arctic Cooling MX-4). It's recommended to overclock the i5-3570k to 4.2GHz, if you want to play nearly all games very well.
Would i7-3770k be better than the i5-3570k for dolphin?
Not really.
(09-02-2012, 06:50 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Not really.

So is it worse?
More expensive and about the same performance with Dolphin.
Pages: 1 2