Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying out Dolphin on an HP Pavilion laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,
I've got an HP Pavilion laptop, 1.9GHz Dual Core AMD A4 processor with integrated AMD Radeon HD graphics (2GB) and 4GB RAM...
I've been trying to run Sonic Riders Zero Gravity on Dolphin 3.0. I messed with the settings for a while and sometimes it just varies between 50% and 94% during gameplay. But most of the time it just gets stuck around 50%-62% speed...
I know I'm asking too much here, to run SRZG on a Wii emulator with a weak laptop and IGP... but any workaround to make this work nearly 100% speed?
Nope, your CPU is too weak.

The best you can do is try these settings --> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

What kind of A4 processor? What kind of Radeon Graphics?
Quote:any workaround to make this work nearly 100% speed?

No way with this processor

Quote:most of the time it just gets stuck around 50%-62%

Being constantly over 50% speed is already a good performance
(08-17-2012, 12:29 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]The best you can do is try these settings --> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

What kind of A4 processor? What kind of Radeon Graphics?

A4-3305M processor and Radeon HD 6480G.

One more thing, does the frameskip really work? Cause it doesn't seem to speed up anything, it just makes the image choppy without any improvement... I remember getting huge speedups in other emulators by setting X amount of frame skip.
(08-17-2012, 01:04 AM)AntiRellik Wrote: [ -> ]One more thing, does the frameskip really work?

No. It's almost useless
Wont improve the performance at all.
Frameskip won't do anything good in most 3D games/emulators.
Thanks for the replies guys!
So in order to run Dolphin at 100% with most games what kind of processor would I need? I saw a dude on YouTube running SRZG at full speed with a 2GHz CPU. In my case, am I getting screwed by the CPU itself or is it the IGP?
From what I understand, most emulators don't need an amazingly powerful video card since they rely mostly on CPU power, am I correct?
The best CPU for Dolphin atm: Core i5-3570k

And yes, you're right. Dolphin needs more CPU and GPU power.
Pages: 1 2