Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I'm new to this and have some questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got a new computer last week that can finally run Dolphin, and my Wiimote Plus and Nunchuck arrived in the post today. I have some questions as a new user that I hope some of you can help me with, though, as I've gotten some odd behaviour in the emulator.

Firstly, I started with the most recent version, 3.0-735. Things went just fine until I started trying to pair my new Wiimote with the emulator today. The built-in bluetooth on the laptop sees the Wiimote just fine, but when Dolphin would pair it and then refuse to let me configure, I did research and saw people suggesting bluetooth stack software. I tried three different ones, none of which wanted to work, had to get rid of. That's when 735 began crashing constantly. I can open it and close it, but if I do literally anything else, the emulator will crash.

I went back to 3.0-734, and that seems to be stable. It even lets me use my Wiimote and Nunchuck, but the Configure button is greyed out and I can't seem to use it at all. Oddly, the Wiimote and Nunchuck both work in two games I tested, New Super Mario Bros. and Resident Evil 4. Why can I not configure my Wiimote though?

On that subject, I am unable to point the Wiimote at the computer and move the 'hand' icon in the Wii Home Menu, nor in Skyward Sword or Punch Out which seem to require 'cursor' movement to move past the menus. I've never owned a Wii so I'm unsure; do I require the sensor bar? I've got one on its way in the post, will the cursor movement work once I add that? I assume I will -have- to configure the Wiimote in Dolphin for this, but again, it won't let me and I don't know why.

Anyone have any input? Why 735 is now constantly crashing? I've read that system RAM can cause instability issues like this, but this is a brand new system and I've run Memtest and come up with no errors. My Firefox browser keeps crashing once daily, but that could be entirely unrelated. Will adding that sensor bar just make 734 work as it should? Why is 734 letting me use my Wiimote and Nunchuck -without- configuring, and why can't I configure? I would appreciate any help at all.

Cheers.
(08-02-2012, 01:44 PM)Pavlovtiger Wrote: [ -> ]I just got a new computer last week that can finally run Dolphin, and my Wiimote Plus and Nunchuck arrived in the post today. I have some questions as a new user that I hope some of you can help me with, though, as I've gotten some odd behaviour in the emulator.

Firstly, I started with the most recent version, 3.0-735. Things went just fine until I started trying to pair my new Wiimote with the emulator today. The built-in bluetooth on the laptop sees the Wiimote just fine, but when Dolphin would pair it and then refuse to let me configure, I did research and saw people suggesting bluetooth stack software. I tried three different ones, none of which wanted to work, had to get rid of. That's when 735 began crashing constantly. I can open it and close it, but if I do literally anything else, the emulator will crash.

I went back to 3.0-734, and that seems to be stable. It even lets me use my Wiimote and Nunchuck, but the Configure button is greyed out and I can't seem to use it at all. Oddly, the Wiimote and Nunchuck both work in two games I tested, New Super Mario Bros. and Resident Evil 4. Why can I not configure my Wiimote though?

On that subject, I am unable to point the Wiimote at the computer and move the 'hand' icon in the Wii Home Menu, nor in Skyward Sword or Punch Out which seem to require 'cursor' movement to move past the menus. I've never owned a Wii so I'm unsure; do I require the sensor bar? I've got one on its way in the post, will the cursor movement work once I add that? I assume I will -have- to configure the Wiimote in Dolphin for this, but again, it won't let me and I don't know why.

Anyone have any input? Why 735 is now constantly crashing? I've read that system RAM can cause instability issues like this, but this is a brand new system and I've run Memtest and come up with no errors. My Firefox browser keeps crashing once daily, but that could be entirely unrelated. Will adding that sensor bar just make 734 work as it should? Why is 734 letting me use my Wiimote and Nunchuck -without- configuring, and why can't I configure? I would appreciate any help at all.

Cheers.
sensor bar will fix cursor, and your useing microsoft stack now btw?try toshiba just in case you havent yet, and your crashes i have no idea, but i like to use "ccleaner" which you can google for,to help clean up registry and hardrives of errors,etc
I am using the Windows 7 bluetooth stack, yes. I gave a Toshiba stack a go but it never seemed to install, it froze on 'connect bluetooth device and hit OK' and then does nothing when I click, eventually coming back to that same command in an indefinite loop. This is a laptop and I'm not sure if that stack is applicable, I might need to find out the exact bluetooth device.
(08-02-2012, 02:36 PM)Pavlovtiger Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the Windows 7 bluetooth stack, yes. I gave a Toshiba stack a go but it never seemed to install, it froze on 'connect bluetooth device and hit OK' and then does nothing when I click, eventually coming back to that same command in an indefinite loop. This is a laptop and I'm not sure if that stack is applicable, I might need to find out the exact bluetooth device.
oh its not connecting to the bluetooth probably because you need to do the following step in this link, you need to add the hardware id of the bluetooth in the notepad that you modify,it will explain,hopefully you will get it lol.i am using an external bluetooth(dongle) so idk for sure how to get the hardware id with an internal one,but take a look.
my install will also never install unless i do that step, im useing rocketfish-RF-mrbtad dongle.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...428&page=4

anyway you should see a bunch of what looks like model numbers like mine above, you just replace them with your id number,took me awhile to paste em, 1-149, you will have to do this twice and then you add the last entry in at the very bottom,in newer version of toshiba im sure its just the same just an extra 50 pastes lol
i would also like to add that he was using integrated bluetooth also.and doh on the idk how you find integrated id,its the same.
GLBig Grin
I'm still unable to get the Toshiba stack . It keeps looping on 'please plug in the bluetooth device and click OK.' This leads me to believe I'm unsure of exactly how to 'unplug' my integrated bluetooth adapter (an Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth® 4.0+ High Speed Adapter if that's important) beyond uninstalling it or disabling it in Device Manager. Neither of these things seem to satisfy Toshiba Stack, though. It just keeps telling me to plug in the device and the installer never continues. Am I doing something wrong here beyond the apparent obvious?
(08-03-2012, 03:00 AM)Pavlovtiger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still unable to get the Toshiba stack . It keeps looping on 'please plug in the bluetooth device and click OK.' This leads me to believe I'm unsure of exactly how to 'unplug' my integrated bluetooth adapter (an Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth® 4.0+ High Speed Adapter if that's important) beyond uninstalling it or disabling it in Device Manager. Neither of these things seem to satisfy Toshiba Stack, though. It just keeps telling me to plug in the device and the installer never continues. Am I doing something wrong here beyond the apparent obvious?
um maybe try latest version of the toshiba stack, and im assuming you modified the toshiba.inf file when you opended it in notepad, you modify it as soon as it asks you to plug in bluetooth then after you modify it you plug it in and click ok, just do the same for the newest version of the stack,theres just 50 more numbers to do though, other then those things i dont know,because the only time it wouldnt work is when i didnt modify the notepad, you could try getting a bluetooth songle as well ,mine was 32 bucks at bestbuy, but you can get cheap ones to,i spent the money just to make sure it worked lol.
just make sure in device manager theres notthing that says bluetooth,when i would plug my dongle in after modifying the file it would just start installing the driver "bluetooth RFBUS" which is toshiba, anyway glSmile
also make sure you install the correct 32bit or 64bit whatever your system is

I modified the 149 entries in the .ini as directed, yes. 50 extra, you say? What's that about? I try installing the Toshiba stack, I get to the bit where it tells me to turn on my Bluetooth device. There's a button on my keyboard for that so I turn that on, but it seems to do nothing. Previous BT software (the Intel drivers that came with my computer) were uninstalled before the process so it's not that. When I paste the modified .ini to the Toshiba drivers folder, it just keeps sitting on the Turn on Device window, like before.

If buying an external BT dongle and going with that will finally let me configure this bloody Wiimote (which, as previously stated, is working in Dolphin 3.0-734 but won't give me access to the Configure button) then it'd be worth the 30-40 dollars to make this stupid problem go away.
I'll be at a Best Buy tomorrow. Are there any BT dongles I absolutely should -not- get, for accepting the Toshiba stack? Can I go cheap-generic, or should I spend the 35-plus-tax for the 'official' Toshiba BT dongle?
Pff, just get something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833320057

Comes with rebate too Big Grin
(08-03-2012, 07:51 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Pff, just get something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833320057

Comes with rebate too Big Grin

yeah or that you noob=p,they got the asus one there toTongue, i just siad 32$ becuase the one im using is rocketfish MRBTAD,just for a bonus though, i just got some candles about an hour ago and they work just as good as sensor bar,although ive never used a sensor bar,it works even 15 feet away, a bag of 100 tea light candles for 7bucks at londondrugs, so you get like 200-250hours, just put two at the bottom 2 corners of your screen,on the tv stand,etc....
Small update if anyone reads this again. Right, so I hit the Best Buy and picked up a 20 dollar Rockfish mini BT adapter, got home, plugged it in and installed, and it outright refuses to actually work. I even uninstalled the Windows stack that apparently drives the bluetooth device in my laptop. I've done everything short of trying to install the Toshiba stack after pasting in all the ID links from the Rockfish .ini, which I'll do later as I struggled with it for 2 hours and that's enough for now.

Oddly enough, I deleted Dolphin 3.0-375 and reopened the .rar file I still had on the drive, and the emulator is just fine again. Something corrupted it before, and it's apparently not doing so now. Also, even though my previous install of 375 allowed me to hit the configure button on the Real Wiimote bit (even though I couldn't actually -use- the Wiimote to set my buttons...) this time round that Configure button is greyed out again. And, again, the actual games are preset with all the proper Wiimote functions. All I can surmise from this is that Dolphin can auto-configure with Bluetooth to use a Wiimote as it was originally intended and that no further configuration is needed, and that this immediately disables any user tampering for whatever reason. Anyone care to chime in on this? It would certainly mean that I don't need this other Bluetooth dongle.

Got my sensor bar in the post. Forgot batteries. X3~ I know of the candle method, but my computer setup is too close to me physically and I can't be bothered to move everything just now. I'll grab batteries tomorrow.

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2