Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS is too Slow SSBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im playing super smash brawl using with dolphin but fps is too slow.
im playing on 640x480 but fps is too slow.

my pc
hd4890
x4 945 cpu
4 gbram
what is problem
i cant understand its always 30 fps but game is too sloow. like stop motin move on adventure mode. traning mode is okay playeble but other mods are sick
Can't help you much without Dolphin settings. Click on the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. Tell us what options you have set.
change "efb copes" under "hacks" tab to texture
and your graphics card is crap so under enhancments turn everything lowest you can go and uncheck all boxes in that tab. you can also try checking openmp texture decoder under hacks tab to

also overclock your cpu dude. if you can

GPU: Radeon HD 6870 cfx
BT:rocketfish RF-MRBTAD
moniter:3x 23inch moniters + 37inch Toshiba HDTV(1920x1080)awsome when connected to TV,same performance)

(08-01-2012, 05:43 AM)mario(wiimote+ working) Wrote: [ -> ]change "efb copes" under "hacks" tab to texture
and your graphics card is crap so under enhancments turn everything lowest you can go and uncheck all boxes in that tab. you can also try checking openmp texture decoder under hacks tab to

also overclock your cpu dude. if you can

GPU: Radeon HD 6870 cfx
BT:rocketfish RF-MRBTAD
moniter:3x 23inch moniters + 37inch Toshiba HDTV(1920x1080)awsome when connected to TV,same performance)

lol whut? his gpu is strong lol

@topic, try enabling the following:

in the tab hacks under the graphics options tick the following settings:

skip efb acces from cpu
openmp texture decoder

i get full speed with my laptop so it should be good fo you to altho you have an amd processor and i have an i7 cpu.
Indeed, according to the Minimum GPU Specs thread, his GPU should be able to handle 4x IR. But we won't know what the real issue is until the OP posts settings. Until then, we're all just guessing at best.

Instead of giving one or two options the OP should change, it's probably better just to give him a complete Dolphin configuration, like Starscream's speed settings.
idk i compare it to the games on pc that you would be able to play with his card and theres not many new games that he would be able to turn on antialising at all, so if he is only playing wii games then maybe, but i also thought emulators normally need more power then pc games? maybe not dolphin?lol,im still new here and thats if you don't care about the graphics at all then his card may be fine for most games.
(08-02-2012, 12:56 PM)mario(wiimote+ working) Wrote: [ -> ]idk i compare it to the games on pc that you would be able to play with his card and theres not many new games that he would be able to turn on antialising at all, so if he is only playing wii games then maybe, but i also thought emulators normally need more power then pc games? maybe not dolphin?lol,im still new here and thats if you don't care about the graphics at all then his card may be fine for most games.

If his graphics card can't turn on anti aliasing on new PC games, shouldn't you be comparing that to turning anti aliasing on Dolphin. I'd think that's a more appropriate comparison than comparing it to raising the IR. I'd imagine he'd get a huge performance hit from just turning on the first AA option in Dolphin.
@mario(wiimote+ working) - Dolphin has very different hardware requirements compared to modern PC games. PC games generally depend a lot on the GPU for performance, though a few games do stress the CPU as well. Emulators, Dolphin included, tend to rely more on the CPU for performance. In Dolphin, the GPU is responsible for things such as anti-aliasing, internal resolution, and anisotropic filtering. Read the link I posted beforehand (NV's Minimum GPU Specs) to get an idea of which GPUs are capable of doing what in Dolphin, as far as IR goes. The OP should easily be able to turn on some AA with and IR or 1x, 2x, depending on the type of AA and amount.

@poweredbykimchi - Again, it would depend on what type of AA the OP would want to use and the amount to use. On lower IRs, the performance hit would probably be acceptable. But then again, I'm not an expert when it comes to GPUs.
undefined
Yo, paypay88, I think there's something wrong with your browser (you only posted "undefined"). That can happen sometimes with the Chrome browser on these forums. Try updating your post again, and make sure it says what you want it to.
Pages: 1 2