Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i this good enough to run FF crystal bearers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i want to know if my system can run final fantasy crystal bearers? i have tried to play it but i get horrible FPS in any physics related gameplay.

AMD fx 4100 quad core @3.60 GHZ

8 GB of ram

64 bit system

im running dolphin 3.0

graphics :

Radeon 6770
1GB GDDR5 Memory
http://us.msi.com/product/vga/R6770-MD1GD5.html

i believe its a config problem because TBH this seems like a able computer to play a wii game.(but i could be wrong)
(07-30-2012, 01:41 PM)robinsblade Wrote: [ -> ]i want to know if my system can run final fantasy crystal bearers? i have tried to play it but i get horrible FPS in any physics related gameplay.

8 GB of ram

64 bit system

im running dolphin 3.0

graphics :

Radeon 6770
1GB GDDR5 Memory

i believe its a config problem because TBH this seems like a able computer to play a wii game.(but i could be wrong)

Quite wrong. You need an i3/i5.
Or a Sandy Bridge Pentium.
Overclocking will help you a lot, but power consumption will SKYROCKET once you get to 4.3 ghz or so. (If you can get it to 4.5 ghz and disable 2 of the cores, it might rival a Sandy bridge Pentium g640 at its stock clocks in terms of performance.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819116522

AMD FX processors have terrible single/dual threading, which is sadly what dolphin runs off of.

Your GPU is good for 3x native, however.
(07-30-2012, 01:55 PM)werewolfyman Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2012, 01:41 PM)robinsblade Wrote: [ -> ]i want to know if my system can run final fantasy crystal bearers? i have tried to play it but i get horrible FPS in any physics related gameplay.

8 GB of ram

64 bit system

im running dolphin 3.0

graphics :

Radeon 6770
1GB GDDR5 Memory

Quite wrong. You need an i3/i5.
Or a Sandy Bridge Pentium.
Overclocking will help you a lot, but power consumption will SKYROCKET once you get to 4.3 ghz or so.

AMD FX processors have terrible single/dual threading, which is sadly what dolphin runs off of.

Your GPU is good for 3x native, however.

so its my cpu? that sucks -.- this is a new build. ..... so there is no way to make it run smoother? bc walking around i run at like 20 fps and there is alot of sound issues like background music wont play but voices will and or other way around or they are not sync correctly.
Overclock and disable 2 of the cores.

I'd first disable 2 of the cores in bios and see if that improves performance. (This actually does help as FX processors tend to force the cores to compete for resources.)

Disable Cores "0" and "2"

Or Cores "1" and "3"

Depending on your motherboard and bios.
also um if its the cpu could u explain a bit more why? bc i check task manager and it says its topping aroun 67% cpu usage.....which i usualy dont lag on normal games until it starts to top off.(this is at min settings)
No ! Don't do that . Quad Core is always faster than Dual Core
(07-30-2012, 02:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]No ! Don't do that . Quad Core is always faster than Dual Core

Not in the case of Bulldozer where the modules can compete for resources.

If he only has one of each of the modules (Which are grouped in groups of 2.)
It should stop resource competition.

module-module
module-module

Module-Disabled module
Module-Disabled module
i tried disabling them either way via task manager and it slightly increased but there is still the audio issue and i still dip alot into 15 fps or so which unplayable.
(07-30-2012, 02:09 PM)robinsblade Wrote: [ -> ]i tried disabling them either way via task manager and it slightly increased but there is still the audio issue and i still dip alot into 15 fps or so which unplayable.

Then try to get a fan and overclock.
well do you know if it can handle the zelda game?(twilight princess, skyword sword, etc) because that is why i even got dolphin ^^ and twilight princess seems ok but i need to set up the sensor bar when i get a wireless one to play.
Pages: 1 2