Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Spec differences and Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering why one of these laptops would be much more expensive than the other.

Intel Core_i5_2450M Processor 3.1GHz (3MB Cache)
4 GB SDRAM RAM
500GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

Intel® Core™ i5-2450M Processor
6GB DDR3 system memory
500GB hard drive capacity (7200rpm)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M graphics with Optimus™ Technology

Would the differences warrant a almost $250 price difference?
No. The second laptop has more ram, from the specs you've posted (which are fairly limited, what about the screen for example?) that's the only difference.
^ That and the second laptop has a faster harddrive. 7200RPM vs 5400RPM.
Post links to them so we can see them in more detail.
Its possible that the second laptop has 3 DIMMs slots, where as the 1st laptop only has 2 without the option to upgrade unless you buy 4GB sticks, but this depends on the config, its most likely 2x2GB sticks, but 4gb is more than enough for a laptop and the harddrive speed isnt worth $200 (let say for the sake of extortion they charge $50 for 2gb of ram like apple do)
$250 for Ram and 7200rpm HDD ? Nah , you can grab a 120GB SSD for only 100$ .
Well on the compare laptops website everythingelse was the same. except they were made by different companies. So i was just wondering if most of the 250 increase to the second laptop was due to brand naming.
(07-29-2012, 04:21 AM)FiendishNinja Wrote: [ -> ]Well on the compare laptops website everythingelse was the same. except they were made by different companies. So i was just wondering if most of the 250 increase to the second laptop was due to brand naming.

Bingo! If everything you said here is accurate then that's what the extra cost is for. Who are the manufacturers?
Just post the links so we can make sure!
I think the first was lenovo and the second was for sure[/b] msi
Links please.
Pages: 1 2