Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: hi guys I hope you help me to building good pc for dolphin emulator i have 2500$
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

killua990

Well, as is evident in the title
and I have important questions
what is the best Processor for dolphin emulator ?
and what is the best Graphics Cards for dolphin emulator ?
Thanks and I'm waiting you Smile
You have $2500 to spend? Huh That's a lot of money man. You won't have to spend that much, although you could if you wanted to. For the processor, go for the i5-3750K. For your GPU, have a look at NaturalViolence's Minimum specs thread. You'll want something in the list that can handle an internal resolution of 4x. You'll get the best results if you overclock your CPU, so make sure you mobo can support it; buy something like a Z77. You should have adequate cooling as well.

killua990

^^^^^^^^^^^^
so there is no difference between i5 3750 , i7 3770 , i7 3930 ? for get better fps on best resolution ?
Don't forget the k , without it you can't overclock
Can't overclock : i5 3570 , i7 3770 (actually , you can still be able to overclock but it's very limited)
Can overclock : i5 3570k , i7 3770k
To run game full speed with LLE , you must overclock to 4.2GHz

(07-22-2012, 02:56 PM)killua990 Wrote: [ -> ]so there is no difference between i5 3750 , i7 3770 , i7 3930 ? for get better fps on best resolution ?
The only noteworthy difference there is that the i7s have hyperthreading whilst the i5s do not, performance wise very little difference between the two, if you use alot of hyperthreaded applications you can go for the more expensive i7 if not just stick with the i5-3750k as shonumi said. Dolphin does not support hyperthreading btw whilst we're still on the subject.
I heard that people are having issues with AMD Radeon HD 7000 series more than the other cards. You'd better look at somewhere else if you're thinking of buying Radeon HD 7000 series. You could look at Geforce GTX 680 graphics card and they should be able to handle Dolphin at 4x internal resolution fine.
(07-22-2012, 04:58 PM)Lucario Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that people are having issues with AMD Radeon HD 7000 series more than the other cards. You'd better look at somewhere else if you're thinking of buying Radeon HD 7000 series. You could look at Geforce GTX 680 graphics card and they should be able to handle Dolphin at 4x internal resolution fine.

Unfortunately, the GTX 600 series isn't quite able to handle 4X IR with current drivers. My GTX 690 sure can't, nor my dad's 670. Not in any of the games I own anyhow. I've read that other Dolphin forum members were having issues with them as well. That being said, the cards do have lots of potential, so I'll still recommend them to anyone willing to wait until Nvidia gets around to fixing things. Smile
GPU that can handle 4x IR : Nvidia 9800GTX , GTX 260 , GTX 460 , GTX 550Ti , GTX 660 (not release yet) or AMD 4870 , 5770 , 5830 , 6850 ....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130687

Done. With that amount of money you might as well invest in water cooling, SSDs, and an audio card.
(07-22-2012, 05:39 PM)Buburibon Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, the GTX 600 series isn't quite able to handle 4X IR with current drivers. My GTX 690 sure can't, nor my dad's 670. Not in any of the games I own anyhow. I've read that other Dolphin forum members were having issues with them as well. That being said, the cards do have lots of potential, so I'll still recommend them to anyone willing to wait until Nvidia gets around to fixing things. Smile

Ah sorry I didn't know that Huh

I read somewhere else in this forum that someone recommended GTX 670 while the GTX 680 is kind of overkill.
Pages: 1 2