Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4 to 2 Cores Improves performance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please read or skim this page and let me know whether this actually would work or not.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-i7-720qm-...-quad-core
I have an i7-720QM which has 4 cores at 1.60 ghz each. This says I can restart my computer using 2 cores at 2.4 ghz each. Will this work?
(07-21-2012, 08:03 AM)Imperium Wrote: [ -> ]Please read or skim this page and let me know whether this actually would work or not.
I have an i7-720QM which has 4 cores at 1.60 ghz each. This says I can restart my computer using 2 cores at 2.4 ghz each. Will this work?

Should work if you turn off 2 cores and enable "Lock threads to cores.".
Wink
(07-21-2012, 08:52 AM)werewolfyman Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2012, 08:03 AM)Imperium Wrote: [ -> ]Please read or skim this page and let me know whether this actually would work or not.

Should work if you turn of 2 cores and enable "Lock threads to cores.".
Wink

Thanks, I'll give it a go and report any improvement or lack there of.
LOL boot section in msconfig only applies to windows boot,changing number of processors there will only affect how many will windows use during boot processs...it has nothing to do will dolphin or pcsx2 or any emulator or game.

Unfortunately I cannot use Turbo Boost which is required to make this work at 2.4.
The g73jh turbo boost drivers refuse to install, and it doesn't look like there is any way I can force them to. It says "minimum requirements not met to install this software." However this is not true, as both my processor on its own and my laptop as a whole SUPPORT turbo boost.
What ? Does turbo boost need driver/software at all ?
Seriously , turbo boost works perpectly without any software / driver . You don't have to install that software
You can use "Realtemp" to check your CPU clock speed . "Realtemp" also has "Clock modulation " feature
(07-22-2012, 02:45 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]What ? Does turbo boost need driver/software at all ?
Seriously , turbo boost works perpectly without any software / driver . You don't have to install that software
You can use "Realtemp" to check your CPU clock speed . "Realtemp" also has "Clock modulation " feature

How is your laptop clocked at 2.93 then?
(07-22-2012, 04:53 AM)Imperium Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2012, 02:45 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]What ? Does turbo boost need driver/software at all ?

Turbo Boost is operating "naturally". You don't need to activate it
(07-22-2012, 06:28 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2012, 04:53 AM)Imperium Wrote: [ -> ]

Turbo Boost is operating "naturally". You don't need to activate it
Then why the heck won't it play at full speed?
cause not all games are fullspeed or computer just can't handle them?
Pages: 1 2