Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unbelievably slow speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Shocker

These are my specs-
Intel Pentium D Chip- Says 3.40 GHz AND 4.53GHz (not sure which)
Nvidia 8400GS GFX Card
I'm running Dolphin 3.0-720.
I can't get Super Paper Mario above 20%!
I disable aero, I run gamebooster, I try everything, but nothing works! This is the only game I want to run. Any advice on how to get it up would be great.

PS: Windows 7 32-bit
700GB Hard drive
2 GB Ram.
PentiumD
8400 GS

And you're wondering why you're getting poor performance?

You need an entirely new system with much better specs.
(07-17-2012, 11:18 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]PentiumD
8400 GS

^ This

Intel Pentium is too weak for Dolphin (except Intel Pentiums based on the Sandy Bridge architecture). Like NV said, get a whole new system with more powerful components.

Shocker

(07-17-2012, 04:48 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2012, 11:18 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]PentiumD
8400 GS

^ This

Intel Pentium is too weak for Dolphin (except Intel Pentiums based on the Sandy Bridge architecture). Like NV said, get a whole new system with more powerful components.

The guy at the store said that I could run any game at 200% with those. What a bust.
(07-18-2012, 01:47 AM)Shocker Wrote: [ -> ]The guy at the store said that I could run any game at 200% with those. What a bust.

You should always do a bit of research beforehand. I doubt the person at your computer store really knows what it takes to effectively run Dolphin at enjoyable speeds. If you ever find yourself in a situation like that, come to us first and we'll help you pick out parts.

Quote:The guy at the store said that I could run any game at 200% with those. What a bust.

It might be able to run PC games fine but emulating games is totally different and for systems like GC and wii need alot of processor speed.
Quote:The guy at the store said that I could run any pc game before 2008 with those. What a bust.
Fixed .
If i was you , i would do sth really bad to that seller *too violence , so i will stop here*
(07-18-2012, 01:47 AM)Shocker Wrote: [ -> ]The guy at the store said that I could run any game at 200% with those. What a bust.

Actually when you asked this guy "my games are gonna work fine?" he must've supposed you were talking about PC games. Not sure he even heard about emulation but we can't blame him for that Tongue
just asking, but how much did you pay for that pc?
Quote:It might be able to run PC games fine but emulating games is totally different and for systems like GC and wii need alot of processor speed.
Quote:Actually when you asked this guy "my games are gonna work fine?" he must've supposed you were talking about PC games. Not sure he even heard about emulation but we can't blame him for that

An 8400 GS is way too slow for most modern PC games. Even games from 2005-2008 will need to be run on almost bare minimum settings to obtain 30 fps.
Pages: 1 2 3