Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Macbook Pro Retina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to post some info on how well dolphin plays on the new Macbook Pro with retina display (baseline model 2.3 ghz, 8 gb ram). I am currently running dolphin through boot camp (windows 7 ultimate x64). I have run Paper Mario, Super Mario Sunshine, LOZ: Twilight Princess (gamecube), and LOZ: Wind Waker. All of these games played excellent! I got 100% playablility on every game at 3x IR and 16x AF. I must say they all looked beautiful on the retina display (way better than my crappy old gamecube! I also played Skyward Sword at 2.5x IR and 16x AF and this way also playable at 100%. I took realtemp readings while playing these games and the max (I played for over 3 hours) was 81 degrees. The amazing thing is that it cooled down from 79 degrees when i shut off dolphin to 52 degrees in about a minute (these special fans must actually work). Anyways if you have any questions I will answer them because I was also very curious about how the rMBP was going to perform before I purchased it.
Awesome, great to hear.
Good to hear this Cool

Unfortunately, Apple refused to give me the education discount so I was not able to buy me the new Macbook Pro Retina Dodgy I hope, I can afford it in some months...

Can you do some benchmarks with Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade, The Last Story and some other demanding games? Would be great Smile
I can do SMG 1+2 and Xenoblade. Unfortunately I don't own the other ones. I will post some benchmarks soon
Great, thank you very much Cool

btw: It would be great, if you do the benchmarks with more than one Dolphin revision, try Dolphin 3.0 (official release) and the latest git version.
I'd like to see some shots of Skyward Sword running full speed in a few places.
Here are a few shots of Skyward Sword. I'm not really familiar with places in the game that are slowdown prone, but if there are any places you would like to see specifically I can take some more

[Image: aektnl.jpg]

[Image: 4scmmu.png]

[Image: qyfes3.png]
I can barely see the fps counter because you downscaled the images.
Sorry about that. The fps counter is pretty small to start with because I have windows set to native resolution (2880x1800) and it wouldn't upload the images at fullsize and kept giving me an error. (Probably due to my horrible internet) but I'll try doing them again on Monday during my lunch break when I'll have access to a high-speed connection.
Use a different image hosting site, problem solved.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6