Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin was working, now it's not responding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone.

I have been running Dolphin 3.0 on my computer (a 13-inch MacBook Pro using OS X Lion) where it was working just fine for about a week or so, and I was using it to play the GameCube version of Animal Crossing.

However, all of a sudden, every time I open Dolphin it's "not responding" (even if I just want to change settings for it, much less if I want to open a game). It's really frustrating, and I'm wondering what else I'm going to have to do besides uninstall it. It goes to "not responding" almost immediately after opening it, so I can't change anything about it in the settings. to try to fix the problem. I always end up having to Force Quit it from Apple logo menu.

I really don't want to uninstall, though, because I want to keep my Animal Crossing data. Is there any way I can try to fix this problem without erasing my memory card?

Thank you!
You can copy your save from: *dolphin*/user/GC then you should see something called memory card
Thanks, but I'm on Mac OS X, not Windows - I can't find where the Memory Card is located.

When I look for the Dolphin folders all I see is the program itself.
He means the folder where you extracted Dolphin
(06-29-2012, 07:10 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]He means the folder where you extracted Dolphin

Yeah, all I see in that folder is the Dolphin program icon.

I've also only been using Mac for a few months, so I'm still not sure how to full navigate it compared to the Windows operating systems.
On OSX it should be in ~/.dolphin-emu/GC (.dolphin-emu is a hidden folder).
Okay so where do I type in that folder address? Typing it in the search bar in Finder doesn't help.

(I'm sorry for all the stupid questions, I really am new to Macintosh though and I still don't know where everything is.)
Try this: Open Finder and use the "Go" Menu. Select "Go To Folder" and type "~/.dolphin-emu/GC"

Note, I have never used OS X, but I have used Google. Cool
(I did try Google, but my search terms didn't bring up anything helpful.)

It's telling me "this folder cannot be found."
Does anybody know what to do, when it's telling me that the folder doesn't exist?

I really need help with this.
Pages: 1 2