Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: will an Intel Core i7-2630QM provide a significant speed boost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am currently using an Intel Core i5-2410M and am wondering how big of a speed boost I would get if I upgraded to an Intel Core i7-2630QM? I understand Dolphin doesn't really support more than two cores, but any help is appreciated. My gpu is an AMD Radeon hd 6330M and I have 6gb of ram.
No, there won't be a huge speed boost. It'll be very minor infact.
Which games are you having speed issues with?

Quote:I understand Dolphin doesn't really support more than two cores
It does. If you use LLE, with LLE on Thread enabled, Dolphin will use three cores.
As long as you keep it running cool and turbo boost work correctly :
i5 2410M @ 2.6GHz (2 cores active)
i7 2630QM @ 2.8GHz (2 cores active)
You can gain small speed up from dual core -> quad core and the i7 has more cache (6M vs 3M)
Download "Realtemp" to check your current CPU clock speed when running dolphin . Turbo boost won't work if your CPU overheat

Btw
Quote:My gpu is an AMD Radeon hd 6330M
This GPU will bottleneck any CPU you pair it with . It's too weak even if you use lowest settings (1x Internal Resolution - 480p , no AA , 1x AF)

hi can i ask, how to enable LLE to use three cores?? is it when pressing the DSP then Audio tab and then DSP recompiler and DSP LLE on thread??
DSP LLE on thread
ahh okies thanks for the reply....

@admin89 i would just like yo ask because you are using a laptop, can you maintain 30fps on Xenoblade and the Last Story???
Xenoblade : Yes
Last Story : Not a chance (15-20FPS in town)
how did you maintain a 30fps at Xenoblade??? im also using a acer laptop i5-2410m, Gt 540m 2GB by the way im using a NTSC (U) of xenoblade

and is it true that Windows 8 can improve gaming performance??
Enable "Vbeam"
[Image: 20110125_7ee60f6c92c4316936f1rAiNiSGumAEq.png]
Quote:im also using a acer laptop i5-2410m, Gt 540m

You can't maintain fullspeed in Xenoblade with that config (I got a similar config)

EDIT: @admin with VBeam I got 20-25 max Tongue
Pages: 1 2