Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: HD settings in Wind Waker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bfunk3

Ive been trying to play through zelda wind waker and the menu logo and pre-rendered cutscene are in HD but the actual game is not. Ive put a screenshot here that shows the HD menu but the background is blurry. Please help!! Thanks.
Quote:Currently, we have been closing threads that did not follow the rules about creating a proper thread, like not providing PC specs, game name, settings and all of the information that is needed in a thread from a person asking for help.

Be sure next time to provide your Dolphin settings and revision that you used. At any rate, I think this issue is somehow related to the texcache-cleanup merge, or something like that. Your problem seems similar to this thread, in which case, the OP's solution was to revert to a recent-but-not-so-new Dolphin revision (3.0-377). Perhaps the same will help you.
The problem will be resolved soon in more recent builds as well. the awesome-texcache-cleanups-and-fixes branch will be merged to master soon.
This is the cause of the games own ini settings.
In the ini setting, the game is set to run the game with EFB Copies to RAM.

Right-click on the game in Dolphin, then hit properties.
In the window that pops up, hit edit config, which you can find at the bottom-left of the window.

In the ini file that opens, at the bottom, you should see these three lines:
Code:
EFBAccessEnable = True
EFBToTextureEnable = False
EFBCopyEnable = True
Erase them, save the file, and see if it worked.

Make sure to set EFB Copies to Texture in Dolphin itself.
From my experience, enabling cache while using 'EFB Copies to RAM' fixes this. I might just be lucky, though.
That's not a fix, it's a workaround.

bfunk3

(06-21-2012, 10:24 PM)diaze Wrote: [ -> ]From my experience, enabling cache while using 'EFB Copies to RAM' fixes this. I might just be lucky, though.

Ok that worked but things in the distance are still a little blurry so I am going to check out the thread Shonumi mentioned
Thanks!