Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need reccomendation for PC Rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I recently started getting into dolphin emulation (love the fact that I can play my wii games in high resolution) however the 3.0 build that I have is good for playing Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) because it is the only build that I notice that plays the game somewhat smoothly. I dont remember the build number however as it was a customized build I downloaded from a site ages ago cant remember where.

However every hour or so the build crashes, and in the most important hour of my game. That is frustrating. So I have decided to build a pc from the ground up to get full support from Dolphin builds. Any recommendations? I was surprised there already wasn't a sticky regarding the matter. Everyone is asking how to configure dolphin but what about the PC? Thank you for your help in advance.
Budget?
Core i5 2400 , AMD Radeon HD 6700 are more than enough for Xenoblade (3x Internal Res - 1080p, No AA , 16x AF)
You have a good PC but you want more ???
(06-19-2012, 02:46 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Core i5 2400 , AMD Radeon HD 6700 are more than enough for Xenoblade (3x Internal Res - 1080p, No AA , 16x AF)
You have a good PC but you want more ???

Believe ir or not my my pc cant pull off 3x AA and as I have mentioned dolphin crashes every hour. i wasnt really looking for a more powerful setup but a more stable setup. budget 2 grand

Did you enable "Vbeam"
Quote:Believe it or not my my pc cant pull off 3x AA
3x AA = 3x Anti-Aliasing which does not exist
3X IR = 3x Internal Resolution

Read this and that
Nvidia 9600GT / AMD 6570 GDDR5 or 6670 are good enough for 3xIR
My Nvidia GT540M can handle 2.5x IR and my Nvidia 9800GT can handle 3x IR in most games
Btw this game run full speed on my laptop without any crash
(06-19-2012, 04:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you enable "Vbeam"
Quote:Believe it or not my my pc cant pull off 3x AA
3x AA = 3x Anti-Aliasing which does not exist
3X IR = 3x Internal Resolution

Read this and that
Nvidia 9600GT / AMD 6570 GDDR5 or 6670 are good enough for 3xIR
My Nvidia GT540M can handle 2.5x IR and my Nvidia 9800GT can handle 3x IR in most games
Btw this game run full speed on my laptop without any crash
Typo I meant IR. Not Working no joke.

Get i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz then use LLE backend
Edit: You must have Z68 , P67 , Z77 motherboard to overclock the CPU . H61 , H67 mobo and non "k" CPU can not be overclocked
I'm fine with HLE though
(06-19-2012, 05:25 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Get i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz then use LLE backend
Edit: You must have Z68 , P67 , Z77 motherboard to overclock the CPU . H61 , H67 mobo and non "k" CPU can not be overclocked
I'm fine with HLE though

Must be nice to be able to buy a new processor whenever you feel like it.
Sad
There's a cheap dolphin building guide here that was posted a while ago.
Might want to read it.

admin Wrote:Get i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz then use LLE backend
For?
You dont need to build new pc,unless you have some spare money and you feel like buying more powerful pc,because you already have good enough pc.
Xenoblade is crashing because its bug in dolphin code. New pc is not going to help,even if you spend 10k on it.
What might help is using latest dolphin revision, I think devs did some work on crashing.
I think what you need is fifo busy build-I am not sure has this been merged into master ?
Pages: 1 2