Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart: Double Dash in GNU/Linux (audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

on Twitter it was posted recent revisions added sound to Mario Kart: Double Dash. However, on Gentoo GNU/Linux 64-bit, the newest compiled revision causes Mario Kart: Double Dash to hang at the Nintendo logo screen (you do hear a stuttering 'niiiiiintendo').

Can any other GNU/Linux user compile Dolphin from the svn repository and try to run Mario Kart: Double Dash? Please confirm this.

Thanks in advance

Post scriptum: other games, which incidentally also used to have sound before the Wind Waker and Double Dash revisions, work fine.
Linux is not as developed as Windows versions.
Really? It sure does run fine, with ~70 frames / s. I just want to find out whether my compiler is to blame or not. And I can't wait for the binary snapshot Smile
I'd love to be able to help you out more, but I do not compile builds at all, and if I did, it would be a Windows 32-bit build. As I said, and from me reading many posts here-and-there and some of the devs comments, Linux is not working as well as the Windows versions. That's about all I can do for you and so my generic answer will have to do until others post.
What's the Dolphin IRC channel?

gcp111

For me the Linux builds segfault after the safety screen. (From source. Unofficial binaries don't work as stupid people need to update to libbluetooth3.)

Wine will run the Windows builds but it's slow and stupid.
This problem has something to do with symmetric multi-processing, if I disable 'dual core', the game runs for a little while longer before hanging.