Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD Starts then crashes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm running into an issue with Paper Mario TTYD. I can start it just fine but when it gets past the logo, right when the title screen would appear, the screen 'flashes' some of the background for a split second, then, the screen turns grey and crashes dolphin.

My machine is a brand new windows 7 64bit Acer Aspire AM3470G-UW10P with a quad-core AMD A6-3620 processor and integrated AMD Radeon 6530D graphics.

This happens on each build I've tried. The ones I've tried are 3.0-692 x64, 3.0 x64, 2.0 x64, and r7719.

On 3.0-692 I've switched between Direct3D11, Direct3D9, and OpenGL, all with the same result.

I've searched through the threads but the only thing I found that was similar was posted back in 2009.

Have to run out but in a few hours I'm going to try a different game to see if I get the same result.

Any ideas?
1st - Try to dump your game again
2nd - Post your Dolphin settings (as screenshots if possible)
(06-14-2012, 11:58 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]1st - Try to dump your game again
2nd - Post your Dolphin settings (as screenshots if possible)

Here are the settings I've used in 3.0-692 x64. The default settings. The only settings I actively changed was the Direct3D9, which I also tried Direct3D11 and OpenGL. As for the other versions I outlined above I only used the default settings, all with the same exact result.

I've also included the windows crash report, and, my CPU-Z settings if it helps.

http://imgur.com/a/VsbvM#0
the settings are okay...

Did you try the official Dolphin 3.0 release?
(06-15-2012, 12:40 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]the settings are okay...

Did you try the official Dolphin 3.0 release?

Quote:This happens on each build I've tried. The ones I've tried are 3.0-692 x64, [color=#FF0000]3.0 x64[/color], 2.0 x64, and r7719.

Yes.

EDIT: I'm going to try 3.0 x84
Quote:Try to dump your game again

You'd better try that. Change your dump...
So I tried it with a different game and this time it didn't do anything before crashing. Will try a new dump when I get back later.
Hello all, I haven't been using Dolphin for a while, but recently decided to pick it up again.

I've downloaded the latest build (v3.0-793 x64) and started a new game, and have encountered a new problem. I thought that instead of starting a new thread for the same game, I'd just state it here.

Computer specs are the same. Controller is an XBox 360 wired USB controller. All drivers are up-to-date.

I'm getting random crashes in the sewers below Rougeport. This crash has *also* been happening at (seemingly) random times with other games; Windwaker, Fire Emblem Path of Radience, and a few others. I prepared a dump file which can be found here: http://pastebin.com/wwVgPjJG and here are the settings I am using for Dolphin: http://imgur.com/a/nv5Vh (Please note that DSP volume is at 1% because, after the initial crash, I wanted to try again, but wanted to listen to music instead.)
Hmmm.... no problems for me...
Try redownloading Dolphin or using the official 3.0 release.

It is also possible you have a bunch of bad dumps. How did you dump your games?
Pages: 1 2