Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it worth upgrading my ram to...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, still i cannot get any good performance from my system, hovering in the 35fps mark but offen in the 20's and small rooms jumping to 60.

So, would it changing from 6gb 1600mhz upto 12gb 2000mhz help me much?

Craig
No

Instead of upgrading your RAM, overlock your CPU even more and post your Dolphin settings.
(06-10-2012, 05:45 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]No

Instead of upgrading your RAM, overlock your CPU even more and post your Dolphin settings.

I have posted the setting up into the Metroid prime section - Apprently my settings are good according to those guys.

I cannot OC any more as it just becomes VERY VERY unstable, i have tried every setting i can think of for OCing.

Would ram not be beneficial in any way or is it just minimal?

all help is really appreciated!

Craig
No benefit whatsoever.
You'd have to overlclock or get a better CPU to see any real improvement.

Judging from your tone, I don't think you'd be in the market for a new motherboard and processor.
(Why bother when you have an i7 already??)
(06-10-2012, 05:54 AM)werewolfyman Wrote: [ -> ]No benefit whatsoever.
You'd have to overlclock or get a better CPU to see any real improvement.

Shame Sad

Unfortunately i cannot afford a better CPU right now.

Do you think there would be anything else i could do to help improve performance, the reason i ask is there seams to be many people enduring much better results on similar and lower spec systems.

here is a C&P of my screen shots, however i have tried many settings including MMU on/off and many other options too.

I too have tried some of the newer releases too.

[Image: Settings2.png]
[Image: Dolphinsettings.png]

Craig
Setting audio to Xaudio2 may help.

Skip Dest. Alpha Pass
On

Scaled EFB copy needs to be on.

Play at 2x native, that card can handle it.

(06-10-2012, 05:59 AM)werewolfyman Wrote: [ -> ]Setting audio to Xaudio2 may help.

I shall give this a try in a few moments and will report back!
Looks like you're randomly checking off options. Why is fog disabled? Why is mmu enabled? Why is speed up disc transfer enabled?
Well, Totaly i overclocked to 3.9 but it crashed on me, so its not stable enough to use this unfortunately.

Xaudio2 helped maybe 1-2 FPS? No audio made little to no difference.

Argh...
(06-10-2012, 06:28 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you're randomly checking off options. Why is fog disabled? Why is mmu enabled? Why is speed up disc transfer enabled?

Disabling fog helped massivly, disc speed up was just a test. MMU for some reason helps to stop it crashing.

After spending close to £1500 on this computer and it still cannot play dolphin, i just started randomly pressing buttons in hope to get things working better, I have tried so many combinations of options now i forget what i have and have not triedUndecidedHuh
Not all games run well, try others. list the games you're having issues with and the games you're running well.
Pages: 1 2