Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my PC run SMG1 and 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
HD radeon 6870
Intel i5 2500k @ 3.3 Ghz
500 GB sata blue HDD
Windows 7 ultimate
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1666Mhz

I have never found any game that i can't run 100% yet...
I can play Skyward sword, Twilight princess, Mario kart double dash, super mario sunshine, Super smash bros Brawl and Melee and a few lower graphic games like Tony hawks underground 2, pikmin 2, Wii sports.

As for settings, whatever settings are the best i guess. Not bothered about the resolution really, as long as it doesn't look like crap. I heard they're difficult to run because they run LLE or something? I'm not entirely sure, if anybody could give me a hand finding out if it's worth buying that'd be great.
Thanks!
Game needs LLE to run properly which will require you to overclock to something like 4.4Ghz to run it well enough
Yeah, these games require LLE for certain levels, otherwise it crashes.
You'll have to overclock your CPU though.
With the 2500K it's really easy to overclock, just make sure you have a decent cooler. Something like the CM 212+, EVO or Gelid Tranquillo 2 (I recommend the latter) will get you easily to 4.5GHz+.

Both Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are worth buying.
Thanks for the help. Sucks that such a popular game can't run on the wii without 4.5 ghz =[

OC'ing isn't an option for me. I have a the hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler, but i still don't feel comfortable risking £160 worth of processor for 2 games :/

Any chance this will be updated to work in the future you think?
Updated to work? It works. There are no short-cuts or miracles to be had. You just need to overclock to achieve full speed. If you don't want to, then it won't run fast enough. That's it.
(06-03-2012, 10:13 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to work? It works. There are no short-cuts or miracles to be had. You just need to overclock to achieve full speed. If you don't want to, then it won't run fast enough. That's it.

Fairly aggressive reply... I don't see the need for it.
I think it was pretty obvious what i meant. Clearly it works... I thought it didn't take a genius to work out that i mean to get it working fully. Of course i don't know the ins and outs of an emulator. I have no idea if it's a fault, if it's been poorly developed or if it really cannot be helped at all.

I don't think you heard me once say "Plz can u upd8 dis emulatz0r so i ken run on my pentium ii @ 1.4 Ghz kkty". I was simply asking if it's a possibility that in future, i'll be able to run it on my current CPU.
(06-03-2012, 01:42 PM)Coral Beef Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2012, 10:13 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to work? It works. There are no short-cuts or miracles to be had. You just need to overclock to achieve full speed. If you don't want to, then it won't run fast enough. That's it.

Fairly aggressive reply... I don't see the need for it.
I think it was pretty obvious what i meant. Clearly it works... I thought it didn't take a genius to work out that i mean to get it working fully. Of course i don't know the ins and outs of an emulator. I have no idea if it's a fault, if it's been poorly developed or if it really cannot be helped at all.

I don't think you heard me once say "Plz can u upd8 dis emulatz0r so i ken run on my pentium ii @ 1.4 Ghz kkty". I was simply asking if it's a possibility that in future, i'll be able to run it on my current CPU.

Sorry you felt that it was aggressive. It was a direct and to the point answer, one that would leave no doubt in your mind that there was no other way. I'm not exactly a fortune teller, but my best guess is that the requirements will not be going down. The only way you'll be running this game with LLE at full speed without an overclock would be with a yet to be released CPU that runs faster than an i5-2500k at 4.5GHz at its stock speed.

My advice, even though you're not interested, overclock. You have a CPU that is a prime candidate for that and would be somewhat of a waste not to. Hell, if I can overclock my laptop with no issues, you certainly can overclock your CPU that was designed to be overclocked. Like I said, if not, then not.

Coral Beef Wrote:but i still don't feel comfortable risking £160 worth of processor for 2 games :/
There is 0% risk if you do it right. The stock voltages are at 1.15~1.25v.
If you're lucky, you can get to 4.5GHz at these stock voltages (that being 1.2xv+, less than that seems unlikely)
I'm at 1.26v for my 4.5GHz.

You have an unlocked CPU, and a decent cooler. It's a waste if you don't OC.

I have i5 2400 which cant' be overclocked and I played smg1 and 2 just fine with LLE on...
90% of the time games will run perfectly ( 60 fps )
Other 10% of the time fps will drop to 50 which is still more then enough.
Only problem is that sound will stutter a little when that happens,but it doesnt happen very often like I said...
Sure you had LLE on? I get about 34-50 FPS with HLE, which is much slower, but I'm only 100MHz slower than you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6