Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hot key for post processing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello !

I was wondering if there could be a "hot key for post processing" added to Dolphin ?

Because I'm making a mod for a game using the cheat manager, and I really need to toggle on and off a very particular effect from the "post processing" feature.
It has to be activated at some particular moments, when an ability is activated. And it just can't work if I have to change it manually by leaving full screen etc.

If the hot key could be handled by a Gamepad such as a X360 controller, that'd be absolutely perfect. Because it would really be felt as part of the mod.

I hope what I ask can be done, because I tried to do the effect by hacking, but it just seem impossible...

If someone accept to take my request in consideration, it'll be really appreciated, and I'll give him credit when my video's done. That's not much, but that's that.

Thanks to anyone who'll be kind enough to help me !
Afaik not possible.
Why not ? There is a hot key to save states etc, why couldn't there be one for that ? Sad
(05-25-2012, 09:45 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Afaik not implemented.

Fix'd
Maybe a dev might look at this
Really ? Awesome !
Thanks to him/her then !! Smile
I didn't say they will...

But if they do so, you could consider yourself lucky Wink
I didn't think someone was even going to answer my request when I posted it.
But my mod would be sooooo perfect if it gets done... I want to use an "invert colors and a blur" to enhance the look of a "Time Stop" ability.

Of course, if it gets done it will require 2 different hot keys, one to toggle the time stop effect on, and one to toggle it off once the time start again.

I really hope they/he/she will do it. It would really make my day Smile
Quote:I want to use an "invert colors and a blur" to enhance the look of a "Time Stop" ability.
Why don't you do that with a video editor?
You'll get much better results with that.
Because I don't want to make effects in a video, which I could do, I want to make effects directly into the mod.
I really want the effects to be part of the mod as if the ability was in the original game. The hot keys being the same, noone would see the difference ^^
And also because I'd want the effects to applied while playing.
Ah, I see. I got the impression that you needed it for a video only.
Post processing is only available in the OpenGL back-end right now, and because of that, and that the devs do not want to clutter the UI more than it already is, I don't think they'll implement it.

I guess I'll give it a stab then, but it will take a bit because I have to analyze the source first and test it out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4