Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi guys!
Currently I have an HP computer. These are my specs:

Windows XP Home (I've tried 7 but it gives me issues)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz 3GB of RAM 500GB of Hard Disk
Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

With this specs how can I run games like Epic Mickey (little slower than normal -20FpsUndecided) or Fragile Dreams (Overclocking the pc too)?
Or should I buy a new pc?
If I have to buy a pc I'll take a Mac OS X Intel Core i7 3,4Ghz 4GB of RAM 1TB of Hard Disk
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1GB (HeartI love itHeart)

Is this a right choice? If not what is a right choice for me?

Please, answer me (and sorry for my pitiful englishSad) Blush
A few things:

Your current PC is too slow for some games, but should cut it with others

I can't find any macs with that processor speed. The most expensive is 3.1GHz

Mac dolphin is slower than windows dolphin.

If you want a computer with OSX on, then it would be cheaper to buy a much more powerful pc, and then find a guide on how to make it a hackintosh (PC with mac OSX not windows).

If you want to spend that much on a computer you could build a seriously beastly machine and have hundreds to spare. However you could get a reasonable computer which won't play all games at full speed.
(05-17-2012, 04:48 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find any macs with that processor speed. The most expensive is 3.1GHz

You can upgrade it when you buy an iMac. It's on the tech specs here.

Quote:Configurable to 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7.

But yes, marcellobizzi, if you have that much money to spend on a computer, you would get more performance for your money by building a system with something like the i5-2500K or i5-3570K. You can make it a Hackintosh if you absolutely need OS X, like AnyOldName said.

You should know that some Mac users have been experiencing problems with the most recent Dolphin builds from the official website. Some users have been building Dolphin themselves on OS X with no problems, though. I don't know if the Mac builds are still broken at the moment, but some users are providing their own unofficial OS X builds.
The option isn't there on the UK site. Apparently 3.4GHz is too good for Brits.
(05-17-2012, 05:38 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]The option isn't there on the UK site. Apparently 3.4GHz is too good for Brits.

Nope. The UK tech spec page says the same thing. :p It only costs an additional £160.
But can I overclock my current pc to have 100% speed in most of games (epic mickey included)?
And if not, you mean that Intel i5 is enough for dolphin (3,1Ghz)(Don't care about price)?
The i5-2500k/i5-3750k is the ultimate CPU for Dolphin, if you overclock it to 4.0GHz+.

Quote:But yes, marcellobizzi, if you have that much money to spend on a computer, you would get more performance for your money by building a system with something like the i5-2500K or i5-3570K. You can make it a Hackintosh if you absolutely need OS X, like AnyOldName said.
This.

Quote:But can I overclock my current pc to have 100% speed in most of games (epic mickey included)?
No.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883229317

This would be great for Dolphin. (And horrendously overpriced, naturally.)
(05-18-2012, 10:45 AM)werewolfyman Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883229317

This would be great for Dolphin. (And horrendously overpriced, naturally.)

THANKS GUYS YOU ARE GREATBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin!!!!! I'll take that Cyber Power PC and I'll put HackintoshTongue in it. But you assure me that this computer is the best choice for dolphinHuh (forgive my insistenceBlush) Thanks!!!!Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4