Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Constant "Dolphin has stopped working" crashes with newest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently upgraded from dolphin 3.0 to the newest revision as of yesterday (don't remember the number), and I have noticed that the emulator crashes a ton now. Almost every 15 minutes or less, windows will pop up saying that dolphin has stopped working, and it shuts it down. After the window goes away, I can see that dolphin resumes normally about 1/2 a second before being shut down by Windows.

I really liked the newer version as my games work much better on it, but I have reverted to the old version because it rarely ever crashes. Is there a fix for this? If not, I just want to let the devs know about this. Thanks.

These are my Specs:
Intel Core i7 2nd generation 2 Ghz
8 Gigs RAM
Nvidia GT 555M
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

My dolphin (Version 3.0 r631) settings:
Config:
Enable Dual Core - on
Enable Ide Skipping - off
Enable Cheats - on
Framelimit - 60
Use FPS for limiting - off
Skip GC BIOS - on
CPU Emulator Engine - JIT Recompiler
Lock threads to core - off
Use Panic Handlers - off

Direct3D9 Settings

General:
All boxes unchecked
Dx9
Fullscreen resolution- 1600x900
Aspect ratio- auto

Enhancements:
Render to Main Window- off
Internal Resolution- Auto (multiple of 640x528)
Anti-Aliasing - none
Anisotropic Filtering - 1x
Force texture filtering - off
Per-Pixel Lighting - off
EFB Scaled Copy - on
All other boxes unchecked

Hacks:
Fast Mipmaps - on
EFB Copies - Texture
Skip EFB access from CPU - off
Disable Per-Pixel Depth- on
Ignore Format Changes- on
Texture Cache - Middle
External Frame Buffer- Disable
All other boxes unchecked
Advanced:
All off

DSP Settings

DSP HLE emulation
Audio Backend- XAudio2
Sample Rate-48000 Hz

All of these games had crashing:
Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Wiiware)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC)
(that's all the games I have)

I did notice that Fire Emblem played much more smoothly graphically (When it worked) than it did in 3.0/
Please be sure to read the announcements regarding how to make new threads:

Quote:This announcement is to inform everyone about the no doubt large amount of threads that will be closed and warnings that will be handed out from now on. Currently, we have been closing threads that did not follow the rules about creating a proper thread, like not providing PC specs, game name, settings and all of the information that is needed in a thread from a person asking for help.

Post your Dolphin settings. Also, which games are you trying to play?
When I upgraded from 3.0, I did copy/paste my User folder, could that have anything to do with the crashing?
Yes. Just copy your user/GC folder for GC game saves and your user/Wii folder for Wii game saves.
(05-12-2012, 05:24 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Just copy your user/GC folder for GC game saves and your user/Wii folder for Wii game saves.

OK, Ill try just transferring that. Ill play for a few hours to see if I notice an improvement.

EDIT:I have just tested it and so far, no crashing. Thanks, I think it's fixed.
EDIT: Its not crashing as much as before, but its still crashing alot.

joe692

fix dolphin 4.0.2 from stop working ever 15 minutes in window 8.1 . un check confirm on stop in configuration/ interface.
ThereĀ“s no need to revive old threads...
Old thread is old.

Closed.