Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Looking for advice wether my PC can run recent Wii games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there.

Before getting into the whole controller-buying (and games, of course) and what not, I wanted to ask wether you think my PC is ready to run games such as Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Okami, Medal Of Honor: Airborne, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, so generally speaking the hi-end of Wii games graphically. I'd prefer to run them with 1080p, though 720p would also be okay, of course im expecting them to run as smoothly as possible. I'd like to apply filtering as well as anti-aliasing and also have a good sound, as of now Gamecube-games still have some sound issues (I'm running on HLE, as it lags pretty badly with LLE).

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 64-Bit
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3,3GHz
AMD Radeon HD6870
8GB DDR3-800 RAM
24" HP Monitor, 1920*1200
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 Soundinterface, running on an ASIO-Driver

I'm looking forward to your advice, thanks in forward.

Regards Quax
It will work fine. You'll have to overclock for the most demanding games like SMG 1&2 (and if you wanna use LLE)
Post a picture of all of your settings, maybe something can be changed there.
He said he hadn't bought the games yet. This isn't a "everything is too slow" thread, but a "is it worthwhile for me to buy things?" thread.
(05-12-2012, 01:12 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]It will work fine. You'll have to overclock for the most demanding games like SMG 1&2 (and if you wanna use LLE)
Overclocking? That sounds dangerous. Eventhough I have a pretty good cooler (Scythe Katana I think) I'm not sure if I'm able to pull this of without turning my PC into a piece of coal in the process. Big Grin
(05-12-2012, 01:14 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Post a picture of all of all your settings, maybe something can be changed there.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7033787/settingsdolphin.gif Here you go. I hope you don't mind it being German, I'll change it if it's a problem.

Thanks guys.

Edit:
Quote:He said he hadn't bought the games yet. This isn't a "everything is too slow" thread, but a "is it worthwhile for me to buy things?" thread.
I have a few GC-games around here, I've already tried Super Smash Bros. Melee, which ran smoothly apart from said sound issues (Backgroundmusic suddendly going in a loop or turning off altogether.).
With an aftermarket cooler and a 2500k overclocking to 4.4GHz is so easy I'd trust my 10 year old brother to do it, and is safe (although will reduce the life of the CPU, but it's more than likely you'll have replaced your computer by then anyway, so doesn't matter).
Missing the hacks settings. Until then, try to use DX9 and see if there is any speed-up, but yeah, you're going to want/need to overclock.
(05-12-2012, 02:04 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Missing the hacks settings. Until then, try to use DX9 and see if there is any speed-up, but yeah, you're going to want/need to overclock.

Are you sure? They're in the top right corner..at least that's the window named "Hacks". If this is not it, where can I find the Hacks-Settings?
Quote:Overclocking? That sounds dangerous.

And if you bought a 2500K I supposed you had already planned to do this Big Grin
Hmm, yeah, must have missed your hacks settings. Try to lower your Anti-Aliasing, not quite sure if your card should be enough for 3XIR and 8XAA, though it probably is. Otherwise, overclock that CPU for more speed, if you think you can.
Pages: 1 2